• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Who would you keep ?

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Players to sell: 9 players
Origi, Sturridge, Markovic, Flanno, Randall, Mignolet, Ward, Bogdan, Can.

Players to loan: 8 players
Kent, Ojo, Wilson, Taiwo, Grujic, Ejaria, Pedro, Allan

Players to keep: 20 players
Firm, Salah, Mane, Solanke, Ings*, Ox*, Lallana*, Hendo*, Milner*, Wij, TAA, Robertson*, Clyne*, Moreno, VVD, Matip, Lovren, Klavan, Gomez*, Karius.
(* -homegrown. Does Gomez qualify yet?)

Players already in/ to be bought - Keita, Fabinho, GK (oblak/allison), 2 wingers/AM (Dembele/pulisic/bailey/Fekir).

That brings us to 25 players with 8 homegrown. For keeping things simple, I Iidn't consider CL player quota for this, as it's pretty different from PL one.
You are proposing to loan out all of our youngsters who didn't get a chance this season to break in, buy new players for those positions, so next year when they come back after hopefully a good loan spell they will find no place for them.

Take Kent and Wilson, 2 very promising wingers. As it is, they have Mane and Salah in front of them , and you are proposing to bring in another 2 wingers. Might as well tell them they have new future in the club.
If these kids sre truely talented and have the ability to be at the level required for an LFC player, you got to give them a place to do so.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
You are proposing to loan out all of our youngsters who didn't get a chance this season to break in, buy new players for those positions, so next year when they come back after hopefully a good loan spell they will find no place for them.

Take Kent and Wilson, 2 very promising wingers. As it is, they have Mane and Salah in front of them , and you are proposing to bring in another 2 wingers. Might as well tell them they have new future in the club.
If these kids sre truely talented and have the ability to be at the level required for an LFC player, you got to give them a place to do so.
From the players I listed,
Taiwo, Allen can't play here due to work permit.

Ejaria, Grujic, Pedro won't get any game time as we are already full in the midfield with Keita, Fabinho already in. If you consider Fekir coming in, then it becomes more complex.

Only Wilson, Kent and Ojo are players who could possibly get game time, if we don't buy more wingers. But for below reasons, I think we should loan them rather than keep here.
1. While we are actually going to compete at 4 front, we are really required to compete and not just in the also ran category. These kids are not of the required quality yet.
2. Cases of Flanno and Kelly - we put too much pressure on players to early, they break.
3. We are actually not in any rush for these kids to perform right away, we can afford to give them time (year or 2) for them to develop. But they need game time too, which they won't get here, coz they won't be able to get past Ings, Solanke, Woodburn, Lallana, Ox for attacking positions even in the current squad, not to mention new buys. They won't even make bench here.

Rather than just keeping them here and not giving any game time not even bench appearance, it's better to allow them to get some game time which will help them to improve a bit faster - like Grujic.
Also, I am not for - just getting rid(loan) of all kids and buying new players. Woodburn, Solanke, TAA and Gomez were still in the keep category.

Limiescouse

Players to sell: 9 players
Origi, Sturridge, Markovic, Flanno, Randall, Mignolet, Ward, Bogdan, Can.

Players to loan: 8 players
Kent, Ojo, Wilson, Taiwo, Grujic, Ejaria, Pedro, Allan

Players to keep: 21 players
Firm, Salah, Mane, Solanke, Ings*, Ox*, Lallana*, Hendo*, Milner*, Wij, TAA, Robertson*, Clyne*, Moreno, VVD, Matip, Lovren, Klavan, Gomez*, Karius.
(* -homegrown. Does Gomez qualify yet?)
+ Woodburn (how did I miss him!)

Players already in/ to be bought - Keita, Fabinho, GK (oblak/allison), 2 wingers/AM (Dembele/pulisic/bailey/Fekir).

That brings us to 25 players with 8 homegrown. For keeping things simple, I Iidn't consider CL player quota for this, as it's pretty different from PL one.
I get the thought, but I think we have to consider the UEFA requirements. Even just from the perspective of squad harmony, it sends a pretty big message to a senior player to be told on the one hand that you are part of the plans for the season, only to then be told that you're not included in the CL squad. So, I think our squad for next year will be built with an eye to the CL regulations

With that in mind, unless I have missed something, we wont have a single club trained player at the club if we let go of Flanno. That means we'll be limited to a CL A squad of just 21 players. The home grown/club trained consideration only applies for players old enough to be included in the A squad, so while it will eventually apply to Gomez and Trent, it does not yet as both will still be on the B list. Regardless, it means we can expand the number of players we use to 23. Somewhat weirdly, We wont be able to use that same approach for Solanke, who will have to go on the A list if he is to play, as for UEFA competitions you need to not just be U21 (on the Jan 1st of the year in which the season begins), but also have to have been at the club for 2 years to qualify as a B list freebee..

That puts us in a situation in which, when assuming 3 keepers are named, with the players who were around the squad in the second half the season and are seemingly set to stay around, when we add the two new additions, we're already a player over the UEFA limit. That means we already have a decision to make about which current player will not be involved before we even consider bringing in anyone new. Given Ox's injury, that likely solves the problem for the group stage, but it does mean we are essentially in a situation of having to get of rid of someone to accommodate any new player. If we bring in a keeper that decision takes care of itself as it means Mignolet will go. For someone like Fekir it's a bit more difficult as there is no indication there will be the same one in one out approach with the forwards/mids. We could possibly decide to only go with 2 keepers and not name Ward, or look in defense and say one of the CBs or RBs misses out. It also creates a situation in which Ings and Solanke battle in the pre-season to be the 21st man. Regardless, it does point to the idea that for a squad that the fans think is short on depth, we are actually in a situation where we cannot just add new players indiscriminately.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Sell: Bogdan, Ward, Mignolet, Randall, Flanagan, Markovic, Origi, Sturridge

Loan: Grujic, Woodburn, Ojo, Taiwo, Allen, Ejaria, Pedro

I also think we should look into offers for:

Lallana, 30, injury prone. Anywhere near 18-20 Mp and we should consider offloading.
Wijnaldum, 27, if we can get a better replacement for him, we should. He goes missing on too many occassion. Any fee near 25Mp and we should sell him.
Ings,25, again injury prone. Won't get the game time here. He can do well for a club like newcastle, Southampton, Bournemouth who will try to consolidate their league position and finish higher up. Anywhere near 15Mp we should consider.
Matip,26, injury prone and inconsistent. If we can get a decent 1st team CB to partner VVD, we can keep Lovren as 3rd choice and Klavan as 4th. Gomez can step up if needed.
Alberto Moreno,26, Unreliable, defensively a big liability. If we can get sessgnon or someother decent LB, we can sell moreno. 10-15Mp for him would do just fine.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
Moreno, Moreno and Moreno and while we are at it, include Migs, Lallana (injury prone), Sturridge, Ingsy and Moreno (sorry did I already mention him)? Bet ye, even Sevilla are not prepared to take him back on a free transfer.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ward.

Clyne,TAA Gomez,VVD,Lovren,Klavan,Robertson.

Wijnaldum, Milner,Ox,Lallana,Henderson,Wilson,+ Keita and Fabinho.

Firmino,Salah, Mané,Solanke,Woodburn.

Build from that base of 21 players adding only quality first 11 players and youth player from within the club.

Last edited:

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
Ward.

Build from that base of 21 players adding only quality first 11 players and youth player from within the club.

could live with that, and add Tarkowski in defence and a pacy forward (Dembele), and more importantly rotate the players throughout the squad thus not becoming dependable if one or two players can't for one reason or another play for a week or two, or even get subbed during a game
(Klopp seemed to have managed to rotate players during our Christmas run of games, if my memory serves me well) so it can be done without much disruption to being on a good run of positive results

shachart

Ward.

I think Grujic for Wijnaldum. Wilson is a winger.

Perth Red

Rolling with crocs in Darwin
Ward.

Personally don't see Solanke making the grade unfortunately but completely agree on the rest

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Goalies: myself, I would sell Karius, Mignolet, Ward and Bogdan, and buy Oblak or Alisson plus back-up. Alternatively, keep Ward as back-up. Mignolet's time is up and I don't see Karius coming back from what happened, or at least not while he's an LFC player.

Defenders: sell Flanagan and Randall. If we buy another CB then we should sell either Matip or Klavan. I'd sell Matip. Klavan always did well enough when called upon this season but you can't say the same about Matip. As for Moreno, as much as I will never forgive him for his performance in the EL final, he is a useful back-up and seems to be as loyal and eager as a puppy and who would throw their puppy out?

Midfielders: complicated. It seems that most of our reserve midfielders (Ejaria, Chirivella, Ojo and Kent) aren't up to the level required. They didn't make a great impression during their loans and should perhaps be looking to build their careers elsewhere. That does leave us short on potential back-ups so Grujic should stay at Anfield and not be loaned out. With Fabinho, Keita and maybe another midfielder coming in, I don't see Gini or Lallana getting much game time and if I had to let one of them go it would be the elder of the two. Sorry Adam. The official site classes Wilson as a midfielder; keep him (at Anfield), sell Markovic.

Forwards: sell Sturridge and Origi. I would keep Ings as a squaddie but if I were Klopp I'd give him the choice of leaving or hanging around and only getting a few minutes here and there. Loan out Solanke and maybe Woodburn too if we get another forward in addition to Fekir.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
KEEP
Karius
- No 2, chance to rehabilitate his head unless he expresses the wish to return to Germany
Clyne - Will be 1st choice right full back next season I feel.
Trent
Van Dijk
Lovren
Gomez
- This kid has loads to learn but the raw potential is there. His best position is still uncertain.
Matip - Needs a big season or he's out next summer. If a new centre half comes in then he's the one leaving.
Klavan - He's an ideal squad member. Cheap, willing to play as needed, always gives his best when called upon.
Robertson
Moreno
- If we are all agreed we need a bigger squad with less drop off in quality when have/want to make changes then players like Moreno need to be kept. Having said that I wouldn't keep him just to allow him to run down his contract and leave for free. He may be unhappy playing 2nd fiddle to Robbo and may want to move on.
Oxlade - Chamberlain
Wijnaldum
- Squad player, but again a higher quality squad player than we are used to having. Keita, Fabinho and maybe Fekir coming in mean Gini, Hendo, Lallana and Milner are now going to have to step up to another level to become 1st choice.
Henderson - Needs to step up this season
Lallana - Get fit and take every opportunity offered. Could be the surprise sale from the club this summer
Milner- Deserves another year. Useful back up for Robertson if Moreno leaves.
Salah
Mane
Firmino
Wilson
- I'd like to see this kid given a chance.
Solanke- The right loan might make a real player of this kid. Next season we need potential 1st teamers on the bench or at the very least squad players who are rotated in and out without a drop off in experience and quality. I think Solanke can make it at this level but 10mins here and there or being thrown on to chase a lost cause will do him no good. The loan to Rangers might be what he needs.
Grujic - Keep and take Can's role in the side.

SELL
Mignolet
- Midtable eg Westham is his level
Ward - Wont accept being third choice and who could blame him.
Bogdan
Flanagan
Sturridge
- What could have been if he wasn't made from Playdoh
Markovic - Remember when signings like Balotelli and Markovic were our level?
Ings - Injury has robbed him of his chance at the same time Klopp was dragging the club up to a level above which Danny looks comfortable. He could have been a decent option during Rodgers tenure but not now. Would be a fantastic signing for a midtable side and I'd expect there to be plenty of interest in him this summer. He deserves great credit for always working hard, always giving his best and doing everything to get fit and back into the squad.
Origi - Has all the attributes needed to make it but I can't shake the Ryan Babel vibe he gives off. The fear is we sell him and he goes on to become a fantastic player else where.....................I'd doubt he does but Klopp has already made that call by going with Ings and Solanke this season.

Loan anyone else I've not mentioned.

shachart

Apparently the club has been giving this a lot of thought as well.
The club announced the release of 10 players. While Can departure on a free is of no surprise, the club has released Flanagan although he has one more year on his contract ( probably to his advantage, easier for him to find a new club ). While I think everybody here realized he would be sold, releasing him is a bit of a surprise.
8 more players from the academy have been released as well. Toni Gomes, Paulo Alves, Mich'el Parker, Jordan Williams, Anthony Glennon, Jordan Hunter, Harvey Whyte and Yan Dhanda. Ejaria has been loaned out to Rangers.

Assuming we will start seeing more "senior" players leaving ( Sturridge, Origi, Markovic, Ings, Migs ), and a few more loans, this summer might turn out to be a cleaning of stables than anything else.

Limiescouse

Apparently the club has been giving this a lot of thought as well.
The club announced the release of 10 players. While Can departure on a free is of no surprise, the club has released Flanagan although he has one more year on his contract ( probably to his advantage, easier for him to find a new club ). While I think everybody here realized he would be sold, releasing him is a bit of a surprise.
8 more players from the academy have been released as well. Toni Gomes, Paulo Alves, Mich'el Parker, Jordan Williams, Anthony Glennon, Jordan Hunter, Harvey Whyte and Yan Dhanda. Ejaria has been loaned out to Rangers.

Assuming we will start seeing more "senior" players leaving ( Sturridge, Origi, Markovic, Ings, Migs ), and a few more loans, this summer might turn out to be a cleaning of stables than anything else.
The youth teams undergo such a cleaning every summer.

Red Skip

Red Skip
From last season first team squad I would keep the following players:

Roberto Firmino, Mohamud Salah, Sadoi Mane, Dominic Solanke.

Georgino Wijnaldum, James Milner, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade-Chamberian, plus new arrivals Naby Keita, Fabinho

Nathaniel Clyne, Trent Alexander-Arnold. Joe Gomez, Vigil Van Dijk, Andrew Robertson, Dejan Lovern, (Joel Matip, Ragnar Klavan)
if another CB is brought in either Matip or Klavan could be moved on.
Is Adam Lewis ready to be good cover at LB?

Goalkeepers I'm not sure - (possibly go with Danny Ward as No 2 and promote Kamil Grabara to first team squad) and buy and new No 1
Loris Karius may need some recovery time - his future depends on the call of the Boss.

I would like to see Harry Wilson given a chance next season - as for Grujic, Kent, Ojo, Woodburn, Brewster maybe a few of them may stay or be loaned out.

Moving on and for sale or released would be: Jon Flanagan, Emre Can, Adam Bogdan, Simon Mignolet, Alberto Moreno, Danny Ings, Daniel Sturridge, Divock Origi, Lazar Markovic, Conor Randall, Pedro Chirivella

Need more support for the forwad line - and Goalkeeper.

Danny Sarge

Speaking of keeping players, imagine if we kept Coutinho till after the WC, what would his value in the market be, considering the inflated prices the WC brings aswell.

2 goals in 2 games. His values already risen.

Limiescouse

Speaking of keeping players, imagine if we kept Coutinho till after the WC, what would his value in the market be, considering the inflated prices the WC brings aswell.

2 goals in 2 games. His values already risen.
He's the third most expansive player of all time. How much more expensive do you think he could have been?

Claymenza

He's the third most expansive player of all time. How much more expensive do you think he could have been?
Isn't he second behind neymar?

It's a bit unusual that he's the instrumental force behind him. Unlike messi, coutinho wanted to move deeper in the field of play because that's where his career will lead him towards.

I think that will be argentina's solution going forward, if messi is locked down in the final third, play him deeper.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team

I think buying Fekir + one other... as most people suggested would be the same thing.

I would keep:

GK: Karius
Defense: Clyne, TAA, Gomez, Lovren, Klavan, VVD, Robertson, Moreno
MF: Milner, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Gruijic, Oxlade, Woodburn
FW: Firmino, Salah, Mane, Solanke, Wilson, Brewster

Sell: Mignolet, Ward, Matip, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Sturridge, Ings, Markovic, Origi

That leaves us short at GK, one CB (hope our scouts can find the next VVD), and one star versatile attacker (I don't think we need 2). I do believe with this... we have left room for some of the younger players to step up but also with enough depth to cover us.

Spitfire

Resident Realist
I think most have been stated above and pretty much expalin themselves particualrly around fringe players.

I find myself really only bothered about one of our players who sits on the fringes and that is Harry Wilson.

Personally I hope he is given a fair crack....to date he has performed at every point we have asked him to, he was immense at 23's, had a great loan back end of last season - my curiosity now is what would be gained from another season at that level vs asking him to step up again.

I would like to see him get his chance and try and stake his claim, I can appreciate we need depth which may lead to a Shakiri type purchase - but I'd still like to see us keep Wilson, give him game time where we can and let him compete. If he is good enough then he will force his way in, if not then reevaluate down the track.

The key is does the manager have the confidence to pick him and back him....and if so under what context.

jackh1092

I think buying Fekir + one other... as most people suggested would be the same thing.

I would keep:

Sell: Mignolet, Ward, Matip, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Sturridge, Ings, Markovic, Origi

That leaves us short at GK, one CB (hope our scouts can find the next VVD), and one star versatile attacker (I don't think we need 2). I do believe with this... we have left room for some of the younger players to step up but also with enough depth to cover us.
Quite surprised you'd let Wijnaldum go. Ok he can be a little inconsistent, but when he was good last year i thought he was very good, and very suited to the way Klopp wants the game played. I think the likes of Gruijic might struggle with the way we play, and he's likelier to leave (i know this was just your opinion)..I'd certainly keep Wij especially since Ox is out right now, and Henderson can be prone to an injury. On the above that would leave us with 4 midfielders, and there's a chance we could end up light again like this year. He also isn't (i presume) on mad wages either and is very liked around the club.

Lallana is so injury prone it frustrates me. He would be one of the first off the bench game in game out if he was fit, and also probably start a lot of league and cup games. Whilst he doesnt have lots of pace or strength, he is very Klopp. I reckon there's 0 chance he leaves....but i can see the argument with his age and wages.

Hopefully we get a Fekir-like versatile midf/forward, a goalie and a wide man at least.....if we get an up and coming CB i'd be delighted as well.

shachart

I would keep:

I think Brewster is still a couple of years in the U21 before he can be considered as a suitable backup, Solanke right now is at best a 3rd choice striker and he really benefit from a loan. While many people forget, Woodburn is a forward not a midfielder.

I don't understand where the whole Lallana is injury prone. He had a miserable season no doubt, but before that he was probably our best player, and barely missed any games. I don't know if he can recreate his form from 2 years ago, but he deserves the chance.
I think we are pretty set at CB, Gomez is the CB for the future.
I agree we are light one creative / attacking midfielder and I would really like to see another forward brought in.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
I think Brewster is still a couple of years in the U21 before he can be considered as a suitable backup, Solanke right now is at best a 3rd choice striker and he really benefit from a loan. While many people forget, Woodburn is a forward not a midfielder.

I don't understand where the whole Lallana prone. He had a miserable season no doubt, but before that he was probably our best player, and barely missed any games. I don't know if he can recreate his form from 2 years ago, but he deserves the chance.
I think we are pretty set at CB, Gomez is the CB for the future.
I agree we are light one creative / attacking midfielder and I would really like to see another forward brought in.
If we don't give our younger players any chances... they will never pan out. TAA and Gomez stepped up because Clyne was out.

There needs to be a tradeoff between experience and youth. Woodburn, Wilson, Brewster, and Solanke are standing where TAA was one year ago. With their respective talent levels, I expect 2 out of 4 or at least 1 of 4 can step up.

On Lallana: 30 years old and trying to recreate his form of 2 years ago. With a new attacking midfielder coming in and Oxlade as cover, I don't see the point in retaining him. On Woodburn, I expect he will settle in the AM role as he played a few cameos for us there and isn't the fastest.

Rough calculation here... if we assume 50 games per season (playing 433). And I'm assuming the creative outlet is Fekir / Ziyech who can also play up front.

Midfield (150 game time slots)
Fabinho (34), Keita (34), Milner (15), Henderson (25), Grujic (15), Oxlade (20), Fekir (15), Woodburn (6) = 164 games

Forward (150 game time slots)
Firmino (34), Salah (34), Mane (34), Fekir (19), Solanke (15), Oxlade (5), Wilson (8), Brewster (6) = 155 games

Plenty of room for our experienced players to play more (starts in '17-18) in case of long-term injury or no one steps up: Salah (47), Mane (41), Firmino (45), Henderson (35), Milner (26), Fabinho (42), Keita (35), Fekir (38) = 63 more starts last year than I am accounting for next season

I'm not adverse to keeping Lallana but it is more for his sake that he is moved on. He could end up with Danny Ings-like playing time if he doesn't start strong or gets another niggle.

Soyasource

Stay

Goalkeepers

1. Loris Karius
2. Danny Ward

Defenders

1. Nathaniel Clyne
2. Trent Alexander- Arnold
3. Dejan Lovern
4. Virgil Van Dijk
5. Joe Gomez
6. Joel Matip
7. Andy Robertson

Midfielders

1. Georginio Wijnaldum
2. Jordan Henderson
3. Adam Lallana
4. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
5. Sheyi Ojo
6. Harry Wilson
7. James Milner
8. Fabinho
9. Kieta

Forwards

1. Roberto Firmino
2. Mohamed Salah
3. Sadio Mane
4. Dominic Solanke
5. Ben Woodburn

Thank you for your service, but its time to go!

Goalkeepers

1. Adam Bogdan
2. Simon Mignolet

Defenders

1. Ragnar Klavan
2. Jon Flanagan
3. Alberto Moreno
4. Connor Randall

Midfielders

1. Allan
2. Lazar Markovic
3. Ryan Kent
4. Marko Grujic
5. Pedro Chirivella

Forwards

1. Daniel Sturridge
2. Divock Origi
3. Taiwo Awoniyi
4. Danny Ings

shachart

If we don't give our younger players any chances... they will never pan out. TAA and Gomez stepped up because Clyne was out.

There needs to be a tradeoff between experience and youth. Woodburn, Wilson, Brewster, and Solanke are standing where TAA was one year ago. With their respective talent levels, I expect 2 out of 4 or at least 1 of 4 can step up.

On Lallana: 30 years old and trying to recreate his form of 2 years ago. With a new attacking midfielder coming in and Oxlade as cover, I don't see the point in retaining him. On Woodburn, I expect he will settle in the AM role as he played a few cameos for us there and isn't the fastest.

Rough calculation here... if we assume 50 games per season (playing 433). And I'm assuming the creative outlet is Fekir / Ziyech who can also play up front.

Midfield (150 game time slots)
Fabinho (34), Keita (34), Milner (15), Henderson (25), Grujic (15), Oxlade (20), Fekir (15), Woodburn (6) = 164 games

Forward (150 game time slots)
Firmino (34), Salah (34), Mane (34), Fekir (19), Solanke (15), Oxlade (5), Wilson (8), Brewster (6) = 155 games

Plenty of room for our experienced players to play more (starts in '17-18) in case of long-term injury or no one steps up: Salah (47), Mane (41), Firmino (45), Henderson (35), Milner (26), Fabinho (42), Keita (35), Fekir (38) = 63 more starts last year than I am accounting for next season

I'm not adverse to keeping Lallana but it is more for his sake that he is moved on. He could end up with Danny Ings-like playing time if he doesn't start strong or gets another niggle.
2 things to consider :
1. Fabinho, Keita, Fekir - are new players at the club and even more, new to the PL. We know it takes time for players to adapt to the PL and Klopp's style. It took Firmino 2 seasons to really shine. it took Ox and Robo a few month as well to get acclimated to Klopp's system and they know the PL.
they might hit the ground running, they might not. I wouldn't pin all my hopes on all of them doing a Salah. Add to that the fact Ox is injured for the first couple of month of the season ( and some more time to get the rust off ) and suddenly Lallana is our only creative attacking midfielder.
2. Funny how Lallana is going to be 30 so he is the old man and should be sold after Milner has proven to the entire world ( myself included ) what an old has been can do. I wouldn't write Lallana off so quickly.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
the usual suspects, but definitely not keep Moreno, (above and beyond too many terrible brain-farts) also, happen to think he doesn't bring us any good luck. sell him now as we won't get anything for him if we wait another season. to expand on why he should never wear our colours again, he is too erratic, panicky, dives into a tackle and totally misjudges his tackles everytime, can't defend to save his life and can't consistently deliver good crosses.
Have I left out any other of his bad traits or gone overboard with my critic? Nah!don't think so!
Oh! yes, I have. a bad influence on any young and aspiring lads wanting to be decent footballers!