Who would you keep ?

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Interesting- I'd probably go with Solanke and Sturridge, on the hope anything you can get from Sturridge will probably be more than you could squeeze from Origi.

Ideally, it's Solanke and Ings, but understand why/if Ings goes. Would this also mean Woodburn/Brewster/Jones or any of the other youth that may hang around can't play?
No, because they're U21s (as is Trent). So they can all play.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Just to revive this... if Ox is not registered due to the severity of his injury (makes sense), and Fekir or an alternative signing doesn't arrive, it means we're pretty close to a full CL squad.

Alisson, Karius, Clyne, Moreno, VVD, Lovren, Matip, Klavan, Robbo, Moreno, Henderson, Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino... leaves space for two from Origi, Sturridge, Solanke and Ings. And we already know the latter is probably going to be sold at his own request.

Means only really one decision to make - two from Origi, Sturridge and Solanke.
Give over, one is bad enough!

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
According to Klopp, short of something unexpected, all business done during this transfer window will be one way - out.
Wilson and Ejaria already secured loan moves. Ward sold to Leicester.

Since I think Migs won't want to stay as a No. 2, he should be sold ( The funny thing is that I predict that ward to bring in more cash from the sale ) and Karius to remain.
in midfield, I would say sell Gini and keep Grujic.
Woodburn - That boy has got to play. Loan him out.
Sturridge- He does look sharp in preseason, and with all due respect he has more talent in him when only 50% fit than Ings, Origi. Keep Sturridge, loan Solanke, sell Ings and Origi.
Markovic to be sold, Kent probably as well.

Limiescouse

Interesting quote in the Origi thread that we are trying/expecting to raise 100 million in player sales. That quote put a price of about 25 million on Origi. We've already got 12 for Ward, so that leave about 60 million left...

Migs - 15 (45 remaining)
Ings - 15 - (30 remaining)
Markovic - Nil Points (30 remaining)

It's difficult to see where that much will come from. Unless it includes money for players who are sold to make way for another incoming.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Interesting quote in the Origi thread that we are trying/expecting to raise 100 million in player sales. That quote put a price of about 25 million on Origi. We've already got 12 for Ward, so that leave about 60 million left...

Migs - 15 (45 remaining)

It's difficult to see where that much will come from. Unless it includes money for players who are sold to make way for another incoming.
If I remember correctly, the article also counted also sales of Ojo for 15, Chiverela for 5, and Markovic for 10.
IMO, the valuation on these players is overly optimistic. Even if all are sold, I doubt you will break the 50m .

Migs - 15 (45 remaining)

They are quoting this article from the echo (https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/liverpool-set-divock-origi-price-14944134)

All figures in GBP
Origi 27M
Ings 20M
Grujic 20M
Ojo 15M
Markovic 7M
Migs 12.5M

Puts us right at 101.5M or something like that.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Wow! I have to say, Edwards has balls of steel asking for those amounts for Origi. Good on him though!
How so? Richarlison cost £50m and had only played one season in the Premier League and two in Serie A. Both forwards and around the same age. The Brazilian had 49 Serie A matches under his belt with 9 goals scored, With International, Europe and Cup, he racked up 67 matches with 16 goals. In England Richarlison only scored 5 in 40 appearances. Compared to Origi, a year older, scored 21 in 77 matches for us and 6 goals in 31 appearances in Germany. While Richarlison may have been a tad over priced, at this market I think £25-30m for Origi is a fair price.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
27M GBP for Origi? Anybody paying that needs their heads examined.
I don't know mate... we paid £10m for him some 5 years back and that's when £65mil gets you a Suarez which in today's market would cost about £150-200m for that Uruguayan. I feel it's quite alright price to ask and expect, going by the inflation of player's cost.

RedSeven

On the one road
I don't know mate... we paid £10m for him some 5 years back and that's when £65mil gets you a Suarez which in today's market would cost about £150-200m for that Uruguayan. I feel it's quite alright price to ask and expect, going by the inflation of player's cost.
He's done nothing to suggest we'd get 27mp for him

RedSeven

On the one road
Stats comparison are above TCB's post mate. One could argue Richarlison hasn't done enough too but £50m?
But Richarlison has done enough this year for some to think he could be part of something bigger which is what everton are thinking.Origi was a promising talent 4 years ago but hasn't lived up to that promise,in fact he's failed miserably.If we can get 27 mp then great but i doubt we will.

T.C.B

Prices have really gone mental so maybe your are right Ed. If we can get those fees in it still is fantastic business. Remember the years when we couldn't give squad players away?
Off topic but how well did the club do on the Robertson deal taking today's fees into account?

Strictly Armchair

When I saw those figures on the TIA article earlier it opened my eyes a bit. However, look at some of our outgoing biz over the past couple of years and it makes the figures quoted seem not so far-fetched.

Ibe - £15m. I was disappointed in his sale at the time as I thought he'd still kick on under Klopp. However, the two seasons since his departure have shown this to be shrewd biz.
Joe Allen - £11m upfront (not sure if we got the £2m add-ons). He was into the last year of his deal. I remember talking in terms of being happy with £7/8m for him. Edwards' job is safe with me around.
Benteke - £27m + potentially £5m in add-ons. Come on, who in here honestly thought we would trouser anything north of £20m after the season he had with us? It looked to all intents and purposes that we'd be taking another financial haircut similar to what happened with Andy Carroll (and Stewart Downing too)
Kevin Stewart - £5.5m + potentially £2.5m in add-ons. That for someone who had only made 20 fairly low profile appearances for us and who hadn't cost us a fee in the first place.
Sakho - £26m. Excellent piece of biz.
Danny Ward - £12.5m. 3 appearances in total for us. Need I say more?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
But Richarlison has done enough this year for some to think he could be part of something bigger which is what everton are thinking.Origi was a promising talent 4 years ago but hasn't lived up to that promise,in fact he's failed miserably.If we can get 27 mp then great but i doubt we will.
I don’t see what he did for Watford that warrant a £50m price tag. And Origi scores more goals than him and cost half his price tag.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
I don’t see what he did for Watford that warrant a £50m price tag. And Origi scores more goals than him and cost half his price tag.
People tend to overpay based on, for lack of a better word, "trajectory" . Origi is stagnant and has not improved for years. There is some, but not much, hope that he will improve.

Richarlison is on an upward trajectory. How much better he will become is what Everton are betting on. They are not betting on the Richarlison of last season.

27m for a player in his last year, to me is equivalent to valuing Origi at 50m if he had a long-term contract.

If you were a PL team, would you rather have Yarmolenko leading our attack or Origi? At the same price I'd choose Yarmolenko every time.

Yet Yarmolenko with many years on his contract cost 17.5m, Origi (with 1 year left) we are asking for 27m.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
27 mil even in this climate would be astonishing, and thats BEFORE taking into account hes in the last year of his contract.

K

Klopptinho

27 mil even in this climate would be astonishing, and thats BEFORE taking into account hes in the last year of his contract.
i did say last summer that he was worth £35m and sturridge £70m so it would be pleasing for me if we got £27m for origi . lol

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
People tend to overpay based on, for lack of a better word, "trajectory" . Origi is stagnant and has not improved for years. There is some, but not much, hope that he will improve.

Richarlison is on an upward trajectory. How much better he will become is what Everton are betting on. They are not betting on the Richarlison of last season.
I agree on trajectory, and Richarlison was bloody good in the first 3 months or so, and dropped off the map in the second half of the season. His Serie A numbers don't indicate a lot of high level trajectory either. It is almost the same as Origi in terms of performance and numbers. How much has Richarlison improved and mind you he started every week?

I am not denying that Richarlison had a better season compared to Origi, and like I mentioned if he is worth £40-50m, it is not far fetch to value Origi at £20-30m mark. After all he is also still young and has yet to hit his peak. If Origi is 28-29, then I agree he won't be commanding that figure since he is at the tail end of his career. Yarmolenko is at the tail end of his career as a striker.

Last edited:
I think we are seeing the number 27 a bit holistically. It would probably be like 20m + 7m add-ons like when he scores 25 goals/50 goals, if the buyer qualifies for EL/CL. If you consider it like this, I think 27m is not too much to ask for.

Maria

I did not know where to ask this question.

Will we ever see Allan Rodrigues in an LFC shirt?
Klopp really likes him and is quite reluctant to let him go.

How long more does Allan have to keep going on loan for? All I see, that he is passed from one club to another?

I would sell Mignolet, Marković , Ings and Origi. We can keep Karius as number two - he was impressive for most of the second half of last season - and promote either Kamil Grabara or Caoimhin Kelleher to third choice. Marković, Ings and Origi just aren't good enough for this club unfortunately and the squad does need trimming.

Then, I would loan out Grujić and Solanke, preferably with a recall clause, so that they can get some experience under their belt and come back a better player to hopefully replace Milner and Sturridge in the future. The other youngsters - including Connor Randall, Pedro Chirivella, Ojo and Woodburn - can be kept or loaned out as Klopp sees fit.

Therefore, I would keep Karius, Clyne, Klavan, Wijnaldum and Sturridge for definite. As aforementioned, Karius should serve as a pretty good backup without us having to spend any more money; Clyne and Klavan are solid cover for weak positions (especially given Matip's injury-prone nature) and Wijnaldum and Sturridge still have much to give as squad players. Hopefully we can recoup around £52m from the sales (Mignolet ~£10m; Marković £7m; Ings £20m and Origi ~£15m) which can be put towards any signings we make in January.

This would give us a squad of (potential starters/rotation players in bold):

Alisson, Karius, Grabara/Kelleher
Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Matip, Clyne, Gomez, Klavan, Moreno
Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Milner, Wijnaldum, Woodburn
Salah, Firmino, Mané, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Lallana, Ojo

Sweeting

I did not know where to ask this question.

Will we ever see Allan Rodrigues in an LFC shirt?
Klopp really likes him and is quite reluctant to let him go.

How long more does Allan have to keep going on loan for? All I see, that he is passed from one club to another?
The club are hoping that he has a good year with Frankfurt and can gain a work permit. It seems a long shot at the moment though

jack1092

I would sell Mignolet, Marković , Ings and Origi. We can keep Karius as number two - he was impressive for most of the second half of last season - and promote either Kamil Grabara or Caoimhin Kelleher to third choice. Marković, Ings and Origi just aren't good enough for this club unfortunately and the squad does need trimming.

Then, I would loan out Grujić and Solanke, preferably with a recall clause, so that they can get some experience under their belt and come back a better player to hopefully replace Milner and Sturridge in the future. The other youngsters - including Connor Randall, Pedro Chirivella, Ojo and Woodburn - can be kept or loaned out as Klopp sees fit.

Therefore, I would keep Karius, Clyne, Klavan, Wijnaldum and Sturridge for definite. As aforementioned, Karius should serve as a pretty good backup without us having to spend any more money; Clyne and Klavan are solid cover for weak positions (especially given Matip's injury-prone nature) and Wijnaldum and Sturridge still have much to give as squad players. Hopefully we can recoup around £52m from the sales (Mignolet ~£10m; Marković £7m; Ings £20m and Origi ~£15m) which can be put towards any signings we make in January.

This would give us a squad of (potential starters/rotation players in bold):

Alisson, Karius, Grabara/Kelleher
Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Matip, Clyne, Gomez, Klavan, Moreno
Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Milner, Wijnaldum, Woodburn
Salah, Firmino, Mané, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Lallana, Ojo
This leaves ya with Firmino +injury prone Sturridge as options up front. I don’t see Solanke as good enough and Ings wants to go, but we go short if that all happens.
Brewster has a lot of people talking, but how longs he going to have been out? Back at Xmas, very hard for a young guy to play well when pushed to first team football never mind on the back of a very long injury.
Either we keep Solanke and fingers crossed we are ok, or gamble, and say Woodburn can cover or Salah mane or Shaq can do a job as F9.

RedForever2014

According to Klopp, short of something unexpected, all business done during this transfer window will be one way - out.
Wilson and Ejaria already secured loan moves. Ward sold to Leicester.

Since I think Migs won't want to stay as a No. 2, he should be sold ( The funny thing is that I predict that ward to bring in more cash from the sale ) and Karius to remain.
in midfield, I would say sell Gini and keep Grujic.
Woodburn - That boy has got to play. Loan him out.
Sturridge- He does look sharp in preseason, and with all due respect he has more talent in him when only 50% fit than Ings, Origi. Keep Sturridge, loan Solanke, sell Ings and Origi.
Markovic to be sold, Kent probably as well.
No way should we be selling Gini. He can cover all three midfield positions, at his best would push Hendo for a starting place alongside Fab and Keita, he's a genuine rotation option (performances against Roma as good as Oxlade) and he's ideal to bring on with half an hour left, given his energy and ability to win and retain possession.

The only reason not signing a 10 to replace Coutinho is in any way acceptable is if we keep all the midfielders except maybe loaning out Grujic.

We have 6 for three positions after Grujic goes on loan and are still arguably a man short if we're wanting the necessary 25 man squad, given we'll have 9 defenders, 3 keepers, 6 forwards (the front three plus Shaqiri and Sturridge and assuming we keep Solanke or sign someone).

The six we have means Keita can play 10, with Lallana as back up, Fab as 6, Hendo as 6 or 8, Milner and Gini able to cover most positions.

We should sell Migs, Ings, Origi and Markovic, but think hard about who to loan. Yes they need playing time, but we need a deep squad to compete on 4 fronts.

For me, the current squad, less the four for sale above, hopefully one more offensive buy and a veteran keeper, with a few youngsters breaking through, looks capable of competing.

But we need to keep quality players like Gini, I'd sell Lallana over Gini any day of the week, especially given his age and injury record.

RedForever2014

This leaves ya with Firmino +injury prone Sturridge as options up front. I don’t see Solanke as good enough and Ings wants to go, but we go short if that all happens.
Brewster has a lot of people talking, but how longs he going to have been out? Back at Xmas, very hard for a young guy to play well when pushed to first team football never mind on the back of a very long injury.
Either we keep Solanke and fingers crossed we are ok, or gamble, and say Woodburn can cover or Salah mane or Shaq can do a job as F9.
Much depends on injuries, but it's up front we're light.

In terms of proven players regardless of age, variances in level accepted (e.g. Moreno only useful in certain matches), for the outfield positions we'll have 9 defenders, probably 6 midfielders and 5 forwards.

The extra defender is necessary given the injury prone nature of some of them, midfield's probably deep enough though an injury or two could affect us like last season (in the league at least). But up top we're light, especially as Sturridge is injury prone.

I hope a couple of youngsters come through, but we could do with another 10 come false 9 who can play wide too.

The more I think about it, I'd keep some young players until January. We need to see how the world cup affected some of our lads, how the new guys settle, what injuries we get.

We have three competitions this side of Jan, plus unwelcome international breaks. We need to compete in the PL and CL, try and get to the league cup semis.

If we'd been more active in the transfer market up top I'd have loaned Solanke, but at the moment I'd consider keeping him until January.

Last edited: