• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Wilfried Bony (ST) Vitesse Arnhem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Vitesse Arnhem striker Wilfried Bony linked to Liverpool and Chelsea

Vitesse Arnhem striker Wilfried Bony has attracted interest from Premier League duo Chelsea and Liverpool ahead of the January transfer window, according to his agent.

The Ivory Coast international, who is under contract until the summer of 2015, bagged his 15th goal of a productive season in Sunday's 2-1 victory over PSV Eindhoven.

His exploits in the Eredivisie this term have alerted a number of clubs throughout Europe, with the 23-year-old's representative Dalibor Lacina claiming that Anfield and Stamford Bridge are possible future destinations for his client.

Liverpool have been hugely reliant on Luis Suarez this season after Fabio Borini's injury and Andy Carroll's departure on loan, while Chelsea have only Daniel Sturridge as back-up to Fernando Torres.

"Liverpool are one of the clubs who have been considering him," Lacina told isport.blesk.cz. "We have been in touch with them.

"Liverpool need a striker to increase their scoring productivity but, on the other hand, it does not mean we are in talks with them. They are just one of the suitors.

"It is clear that Bony has attracted interest thanks to his good performances and scoring efficiency and one of the clubs interested as well are Chelsea.

"It is in the hands of Vitesse whether they agree with Bony's departure or not. They are at the top of the Dutch league and particularly after the win at PSV there is euphoria in the city.

"Vitesse have certain ambitions and it would be difficult for them to see Bony go. If I had to give my opinion on whether he leaves in January, I see it as 50-50."

And Vitesse team-mate Tomas Kalas insists Bony would be able to make an immediate transition to the Premier League.

"He has been showing quality to be able to play for a big club, even in England where the league is very physical," he said. "He would not have to adapt at all. I think he's good enough for a big club and that he will want to leave."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8294157/

t34m43

Would be an excellent signing, I think the Dutch league could be productive for us. They tend to have quality youthful players who you can get quite cheap. This kid I think is the real deal though. I think we should go all out to sign him. Could play up top or either side of Suarez just what we need for a fluid front 3.

t34m43

How much do you guys think he'd cost?
No idea to be honest, I know a few friends from the Netherlands through my work at uni and they rate him. Plus I watch football with them and his performances look as though he could cross over (it can be hard to tell with Dutch football, some players look class in their league). The player himself has said Chelsea, but I think he is way down their list (due to who they get linked with). So to sum up I do not know how much but a really quality versatile player.Also I know it is not Rodgers thing, but as well as being good on ground he has a good threat in the air. Having somebody for our fullbacks to hit will help us. I have given up on corners, we Bales face in that department.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Great write up by Pete here:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/11/lfc-scout-report-wilfried-bony/

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
He is a good striker, but at the same time he is a terrible fit for Rodger's style of play ... If we want a player of that type, we already have one on loan at West Ham ...

OhYaBeauty

He is a good striker, but at the same time he is a terrible fit for Rodger's style of play ... If we want a player of that type, we already have one on loan at West Ham ...
What he said... Bony is a good player, probably going to be a very solid Drogba type player in the future, but its not exactly what we need right now so I hope we don't go for him.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
What he said... Bony is a good player, probably going to be a very solid Drogba type player in the future, but its not exactly what we need right now so I hope we don't go for him.
Well, if you have watched Drogba at Guingamp and Marseille, you have probably noticed that his game was very similar to Carroll's at Newcastle ... It was only after his arrival at Chelsea that he has developed other aspects of his game, most notably his hold-up play and his ability to shoot on the turn ... Bony is not exactly the Drogba-at-Chelsea type of a striker at the moment ... In fact, he is more of a Yakubu-at-Boro type ...

OhYaBeauty

I didn't watch Drogba before he was at Chelsea and I didn't say that Bony is similar to Drogba now. I said I see him developing into a poor man's Drogba in the future.

Please cut out some of the condescension, mate.

bazza66

TIA Youth Team
I don't think it's useful to tar all physical players with the Andy Carroll brush! Strong and aggressive doesn't mean he would be a 'donkey', just because AC played like one for us. I think someone more physical would take a load of pressure (and knocks) away from Luis. The way we've played so far this season, we could do with another aggressive player because we don't have many, Suarez and Shelvey apart (and don't anyone say Gerrard because he has been toothless and bordering on anonymous). .

Those clips (yeah, I know - YouTube) showed a player comfortable on the ball and capable of deft finishing (unlike AC).. He looks like a player who wants to charge into the box (unlike AC), and the only player like that that we have is Suarez (maybe Enrique now he's playing further forward).

OhYaBeauty

I don't think it's useful to tar all physical players with the Andy Carroll brush! Strong and aggressive doesn't mean he would be a 'donkey', just because AC played like one for us. I think someone more physical would take a load of pressure (and knocks) away from Luis. The way we've played so far this season, we could do with another aggressive player because we don't have many, Suarez and Shelvey apart (and don't anyone say Gerrard because he has been toothless and bordering on anonymous). .
Those clips (yeah, I know - YouTube) showed a player comfortable on the ball and capable of deft finishing (unlike AC).. He looks like a player who wants to charge into the box (unlike AC), and the only player like that that we have is Suarez (maybe Enrique now he's playing further forward).
Who brought up Andy Carroll?

What condescension? It was you who have posted this:

That is far more condescending than anything in my reply to it ...
By "what he said" I meant that I was seconding everything you said. I was agreeing with you. So it irked me all the more when after I agree with what you said, you come back with some typically condescending bullshit.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
By "what he said" I meant that I was seconding everything you said. I was agreeing with you. So it irked me all the more when after I agree with what you said, you come back with some typically condescending bullshit.
Condescending bullshit? Now that is out of order ... Read that post again:

Well, if you have watched Drogba at Guingamp and Marseille, you have probably noticed that his game was very similar to Carroll's at Newcastle ... It was only after his arrival at Chelsea that he has developed other aspects of his game, most notably his hold-up play and his ability to shoot on the turn ... Bony is not exactly the Drogba-at-Chelsea type of a striker at the moment ... In fact, he is more of a Yakubu-at-Boro type ...
What is condescending about that post?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Mac Red, when someone says "what he said"...that is usually a positive, it means that they are in agreement with you. Oh ya beauty was not disagreeing with you or being condescending...

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Also, you are the absolute LAST person on this forum who has one SCRAP of room to complain about someone being condescending.

I've been around here long enough to remember you from the days when you were one of TIA's top posters. A pile of knowledge, some great insight, and always able to get your point across without being an utter knob. No clue what flipped your switch when you were banned the first time around, but for what it's worth I miss that guy. (And so do most of the old timers. Just something to think about.)

Now back to discussing the (unlikely) potential of Bony coming in...

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
This was my first thought too. These transfers never come off.
He'll probably go somewhere like Newcastle, west brom or a club in germany and score by the bushel.

I make a motion to promote Cardiff Pete to head scout.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
"Liverpool are one of the clubs who have been considering him," Lacina told isport.blesk.cz. "We have been in touch with them.

"Liverpool need a striker to increase their scoring productivity but, on the other hand, it does not mean we are in talks with them. They are just one of the suitors.
This guy who wrote this quotes sounded like some in this forum.... one too many BBQ outings he attended I reckon.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
Also, you are the absolute LAST person on this forum who has one SCRAP of room to complain about someone being condescending.

I've been around here long enough to remember you from the days when you were one of TIA's top posters. A pile of knowledge, some great insight, and always able to get your point across without being an utter knob. No clue what flipped your switch when you were banned the first time around, but for what it's worth I miss that guy. (And so do most of the old timers. Just something to think about.)

Now back to discussing the (unlikely) potential of Bony coming in...
Mate, it has been difficult 3 years for all of us ...

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
While he has some decent technical skills, a large part of his game stems from his physicality. This is a huge advantage in the dutch league, where defenders are far less imposing compared to over here. He'll lose this advantage when he comes to us and therefore I'm in doubt if he's the right man to buy in january. The dutch press have reported Chelsea has the same concerns and have therefore pulled out of the chase. Finally, his brother has recently gotten permission to live in Holland, which removes the reason Bony was pushing so much to get a transfer (he was really missing his family). With Vitesse making a genuine bid for the title this season, I'm not convinced he'll be leaving this winter.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
This guys been linked with Newcastle now, can't see us getting him - doesn't seem like a Rodgers style player. Be good to see him at Newcastle though

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Newcastle United could be set to sign a sixth player in the January transfer window after entering talks with Vitesse Arnhem for £12m-rated striker Wilfried Bony.
The 24-year-old is currently playing for the Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations, so the north-east side face a race against time to complete the signing before the window closes on Thursday.
According to the Sunday Telegraph, the Dutch club are willing to let Bony leave if the terms are right despite him currently topping the Eredivisie scoring charts with 16 goals in 18 matches.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2269008/Wilfried-Bony-set-join-Newcastle-United-12m.html#ixzz2JBG6Zxiz

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
One less possible destination for Carroll if they do sign him though

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think Newcastle would give us the least, as he wants to go back there ahead of anywhere else.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Was thinking more in terms of a swap deal for a player or two of theirs. Cabaye.. Ben Arfa.. Bony ;)
lol unfortunately, they will probably only offload those guys for a huge stack of cash, expecially if they have brought in their replacements already.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Why dont we troll them and make a bid 4million higher and they will feel they have to match us and pay over for what he is worth.Wreck their heads.I think that is what Spurs are doing nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.