• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

World Club Cup Final. Liverpool vs Flamengo. Doha. Sat 21st Dec. 17.30 hrs ko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libero

Yeh would be good to win this and get some sort of revenge for the loss in the previous meeting between them in the World Club Cup Final. I've read an interesting description of Flamengo, I'll try and find it again and post it. One thing for sure is, the South Americans seem to take this tournament way more seriously than the Europeans in the past, I don't think Klopp will taking it lightly and will want to win it as should the rest of the squad, not to mention the Brazilians we have in our team :)

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
5.30pm Saturday. We get crowned World Champions. Back in the UK, Man City and Leicester have a scrap for 2nd place at the same time.

We had our shit, acclimitisation performance on Wednesday. The real Reds will turn up on Saturday.

4-0. Easy peasy.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Yeh would be good to win this and get some sort of revenge for the loss in the previous meeting between them in the World Club Cup Final. I've read an interesting description of Flamengo, I'll try and find it again and post it. One thing for sure is, the South Americans seem to take this tournament way more seriously than the Europeans in the past, I don't think Klopp will taking it lightly and will want to win it as should the rest of the squad, not to mention the Brazilians we have in our team :)
You can bet Fabinho is gutted to miss this.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Message to the players: stay healthy and come back soon to prepare for the Leicester game, that's all. If you can come back with the trophy of that money-making exercise, disguised in an utterly fake and void competition, very nice. If not, it' won't matter in the least.

RodM

I think I'm in a better frame of mind for this and Flamemgo sound like a genuine intriguing opposition.

I'm hoping for something resembling a full strength team and hopefully VVD is fit - otherwise we are probably going to have to sign Steven Caulker again.

Also looking for a better atmosphere - if it comes across like that last match they may as well play the next World Cup on the moon.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Now that it's happening I'd love us to win this competition. United are the only English team to have won this trophy and we can't be having that. I remember 2005 against Sao Paulo. We were robbed although we could hardly claim to have been the best team in the world back then. Can do now if we win this. The sniffiness about this competition is becoming irritating. It's not like we get an opportunity like this every year and it would be great for this team to win something the club has never won before.

It's whether we can beat a team that will be massively up for it whilst playing within ourselves, conserving energy and just putting in a 15-20 minute burst like we seem to do in all our games these days. Fine line between doing enough to win the competition but not exposing what fit players we have left to too much risk. Sounds like VVD will be back and we will need him. If he's not playing I don't fancy our chances. Flamengo still sing about winning against us in 81 even though most of our team played with a hangover, so it's obviously huge for them. Tough game, but I'm looking forward to it and it will be a big morale booster for us to go into the Christmas period with another trophy in the bag.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Now that it's happening I'd love us to win this competition. United are the only English team to have won this trophy and we can't be having that. I remember 2005 against Sao Paulo. We were robbed although we could hardly claim to have been the best team in the world back then. Can do now if we win this. The sniffiness about this competition is becoming irritating. It's not like we get an opportunity like this every year and it would be great for this team to win something the club has never won before.

It's whether we can beat a team that will be massively up for it whilst playing within ourselves, conserving energy and just putting in a 15-20 minute burst like we seem to do in all our games these days. Fine line between doing enough to win the competition but not exposing what fit players we have left to too much risk. Sounds like VVD will be back and we will need him. If he's not playing I don't fancy our chances. Flamengo still sing about winning against us in 81 even though most of our team played with a hangover, so it's obviously huge for them. Tough game, but I'm looking forward to it and it will be a big morale booster for us to go into the Christmas period with another trophy in the bag.
Not to mention that winning breeds winning. Reaching finals is one thing, learning to win them is another. After the initials failures with Klopp at finals, we've now won two in a row. Don't let the foot off the gas, keep going for more.

LeoT

Firstly, if van Dyke is not 100% fully recovered then he shouldn't play, with Matip and Lovren out we can't afford to lose VvD long term. ...let Van Den Berg play.
I wan't to brag that we're the best club in the world this weekend, but I do want to brag that we've won the Prem at the end of the season even more.

Other than that we should play our strongest 11.

Alisson
Trent - Van Den Berg - Gomez - Robbo
Hendo
Ox ------------ Keita
Mo - Bobby - Mane​

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
REALLY looking forward to this, the highlight of our weekend isn't it? This is the only trophy to elude us, so it about time we won it!

...............Becker...............
Trent.....Gomez...Virg.... Robertson
..................Hendo......................
.........Ox....................Keita.........
Salah..........Firmino.............Mane.

No doubt we'll win this 2-1 with a ridiculously late winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.