• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

World Club Cup. Semi final. Monterrey vs Liverpool. Doha. 1730 hrs. 18.Dec.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
Looks like they are afraid of Mane and backing off him... he's probing and figuring out how to take advantage.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Yeah, there are good football teams outside Europe as well, as this game shows. The idea that these games are "training games" was always a very arrogant idea. These guys really, really want to beat us and they have played very well.
Second half has been decidedly in LFC's favour, but not much of a cutting edge.

won it at-a-turk stadium

TIA Regular Simpsons quoter
I don't know if they're that great. We're not going all out like we can press and pressure. I still feel we're not willing to push ourselves in this match and Klopp is keeping an eye on Leicester

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Yeah, there are good football teams outside Europe as well, as this game shows. The idea that these games are "training games" was always a very arrogant idea. These guys really, really want to beat us and they have played very well.
Sorry, but I just find them really unprofessional, rolling around on the grass and trying to attract the referee instead of playing proper football!

Magnus

Second half has been decidedly in LFC's favour, but not much of a cutting edge.
True enough; I hardly disagree, but they have created a lot of chances and have played very well, or so I think.

Red over the water

They are wasting so much time flopping around, it's infuriating.

Ox should have passed wide there anyway. Edit: Bobby has 5 mins to win it for us! No problem.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
In a shithouse kinda way you mean.

Magnus

Sorry, but I just find them really unprofessional, rolling around on the grass and trying to attract the referee instead of playing proper football!
Get used to it, Maria ! We are playing a latino team. It annoys the hell out of us north-Europeans, but it is normal in the World Cup and stuff we got to expect from southern teams ;)

Still, I want to give them credit since they are a good football team, despite the Hollywood factor.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
True enough; I hardly disagree, but they have created a lot of chances and have played very well, or so I think.
I think they are somewhat fatigued, like LFC they are used to playing a high tempo early and then profiting against tired opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.