• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Worst Liverpool player you ever saw play ?

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I’m sure this thread must have been done already but who was the worst player you ever saw in a Liverpool shirt ? My vote goes to Voronin. Looked like a pub team player who had won a competition. 27 appearances, 5 goals and a terrible haircut. Jimmy carter a close second. Only time I ever saw a sub substituted.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
The correct answer is Christian Poulsen. For a player who had been decent earlier in his career, it was alarming to see how bad he was. He couldn’t pass the ball three yards. Absolutely shocking.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
One of the worst players, who was never ever ever ever good enough for us and never would be, has only just left.
Bogdan.
Nothing against the fellow but it would be like signing Dean Windass to be competing for Salah.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
One of the worst players, who was never ever ever ever good enough for us and never would be, has only just left.
Bogdan.
Nothing against the fellow but it would be like signing Dean Windass to be competing for Salah.
In addition to those mentioned, Salif Diao.

Daniele Padelli made Bogdan look good, in the one game he ever got before being drummed straight back out of the club.

Philipp Degen (when he wasn't completely broken, which was 99% of his Liverpool career).

Antonio Nunez, the most memorable part of his LFC career being wrecking his knee during his unveiling photoshoot and spending the next four or five months injured. When he finally made his debut people would look back fondly on that spell on the sidelines.

Jovanovic was bloody awful. Made a bit funny by the fact we were fighting that summer with Arsenal for him and Chamakh... in the end we both ended up losing.

While he may not have been the actual worst, I was shocked by how poor Joe Cole looked for us, the guy could barely run five yards without getting a stitch.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I think when we sign players from foreign leagues, there's always a bit of unknown about them all....

But when we signed Joe Cole (And Balotelli as he'd been in the prem before) - the expectations were high, but was so disappointed with both.
Same could be said of Andy Carroll.

I'm glad those days are gone now.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
In addition to those mentioned, Salif Diao.

Daniele Padelli made Bogdan look good, in the one game he ever got before being drummed straight back out of the club.

Philipp Degen (when he wasn't completely broken, which was 99% of his Liverpool career).

Antonio Nunez, the most memorable part of his LFC career being wrecking his knee during his unveiling photoshoot and spending the next four or five months injured. When he finally made his debut people would look back fondly on that spell on the sidelines.

Jovanovic was bloody awful. Made a bit funny by the fact we were fighting that summer with Arsenal for him and Chamakh... in the end we both ended up losing.

While he may not have been the actual worst, I was shocked by how poor Joe Cole looked for us, the guy could barely run five yards without getting a stitch.
One Knee Nunez!

Gf at the time used to think it was hilarious that we had one player with only one knee (Nunez) and one with only one arm (Riise).

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
One Knee Nunez!

Gf at the time used to think it was hilarious that we had one player with only one knee (Nunez) and one with only one arm (Riise).
My first football forum user name (on the old BBC 606 forums) was Nunez's Knee.

Old Igor was a definite step up (probably the first time anyone's said that about him in fairness lol)

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Maybe not the worst player but a horrible person, so..... I fucking loathe that prick Ruddock. I thought he was going to be a trophy winning captain when he signed, and he was ok in patches. But when I read his pound coin antics story I lost everthing about him.
Worst player? Sean Dundee, Konchesky, Poulsen, Dicks......

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
Torben Pichniek. Worst player I've ever seen play. He excelled at nothing other than being shite, God love him. Dodgy haircut too.

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
Maybe not the worst player but a horrible person, so..... I fucking loathe that prick Ruddock. I thought he was going to be a trophy winning captain when he signed, and he was ok in patches. But when I read his pound coin antics story I lost everthing about him.
Worst player? Sean Dundee, Konchesky, Poulsen, Dicks......
Fully agree on what you say about ruddock. Disgraceful her ever played for our club

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
It's between Marković, Balotelli and Downing when it comes to worst transfers, in my opinion. When it comes to worst players, Bogdan is the one for me, hands down. I have nothing against him but he really shouldn't have been anywhere near Premier League, let alone a Liverpool side trying to find their way back to the top. We had countless duds over the years but a few looked as out of place as he did.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Certainly not the worst player ever, but the player cutting the most forlorn figure, who kept having to play despite being so so far out of confidence was Emile heskey.

Not a bad footballer, fantastic guy, but I remember at his lowest point at this club i was like begging houllier to take him out of the firing line, poorly used, and then abused.....he didn’t say boo either.

He was they guy I’ve felt most sorry for.

wibseyred

István Kozma.

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
Phill Babb I remember a game September 1998 Liverpool 3 Charlton 3. Babb had a shocker looked like Bambi on ice on weed. It got to the stage where his own teammates would have put it out than pass it to him.
Shocker of a defender. On the other hand, do have a bit of sympathy for him for one moment in particular...