• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Worst Liverpool player you ever saw play ?

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
Karius did more for us that most players mentioned here. He won’t be remembered fondly, but not should he be considered the worst.

In fact, it says a great deal about the paucity of keepers that we’ve had, but from the last twenty years I’d only really put Reina, Westerveld and maybe Dudek above him.

If this thread has morphed into ‘players I thought would be great, but werent’, for me it’s Morientes. Thought you would be brilliant.
I can still remember where I was when I read that we'd signed Mori (in the sports pages, natch, as these were the olden days). I punched the air then called my dad to tell we'd signed, and I quote, "the missing piece of the jigsaw".

Heady days.

Flobs

FADA
Bolton were regulars in the premier league for a few years there. He got their player of the year when they were in the premier league.

Side note, I do watch a fair bit of the championship. Probably one of the most enjoyable leagues in the world to watch as a neutral.
However Bogdan wasn't a regular in the PL only making 24 appearances over 2 season mainly due to the 1st choice goalie being injured.
The season before we bought him he had only made 10 appearances in the Championship.

I agree the championship can be fun though except for a few teams a big drop off in quality from the PL.

Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend

From what we saw he's close.
The only time he looked effective he was off after 20 minutes. To translate that to looking really good is revisionism!
Sorry mate your last few posts before this one and this one itself has me thinking you´ve been smoking something. If not well all i can say is you are talking gobledygook.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Since this is a fucking summer transfer window, not a fan of player movement since it's all fantasy football-ish, and filled with ITK hunters and ITK wannabes, I thought I might as well check on something about football and us, while waiting for my next flight. So I thought why didn't anyone come up with which manager has not won us anything since Shankly era.

I do believe there are only 2 managers (unless you count Ronnie Moran's 2-months stint) that didn't win us a damn thing out of 11 managers.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Since this is a fucking summer transfer window, not a fan of player movement since it's all fantasy football-ish, and filled with ITK hunters and ITK wannabes, I thought I might as well check on something about football and us, while waiting for my next flight. So I thought why didn't anyone come up with which manager has not won us anything since Shankly era.

I do believe there are only 2 managers (unless you count Ronnie Moran's 2-months stint) that didn't win us a damn thing out of 11 managers.
Because nobody cares?

Jwils21

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned our superb 'keeper at last season's UCL Final, one Loris Sven Karius.

Any club out there want to buy him ........ going real cheap.
In the run up to the final, and in the league that season, he was sound. Head’s massively fell off since Kiev though, but that’s lead to us signing a lad with the potential to be up there with the greatest keepers so it’s swings and roundabouts...

Jwils21

Itandje - Terrible keeper, terrible fella.

Christian Poulsen - Too slow, too immobile, just all round not good enough

Controversially, Mario Balotelli - attitude overshadowed his ability. Came with the potential to be great, scored only 4 goals and generally looked uninterested. Terrible idea to sign him, especially in the same summer Suarez left.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Itandje - Terrible keeper, terrible fella.

Christian Poulsen - Too slow, too immobile, just all round not good enough

Controversially, Mario Balotelli - attitude overshadowed his ability. Came with the potential to be great, scored only 4 goals and generally looked uninterested. Terrible idea to sign him, especially in the same summer Suarez left.
Good solid start to your posting career. Thanks for posting.