• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Xherdan Shaqiri (LW/RW) Stoke

What will Shaqiri be leaning on?

• Disillusioned looking Harry Wilson

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Mavis has been pledging the contract table, so that.

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Collective ‘Meh’.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • HIYH’s excited stiffy.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Melwood railings, not the high ones.

• There will be no lean - the lad is basically a Weebil.

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Klopp’s ankle.

• All the promo from the Fekir deal, hastily repurposed.

• Gigantic (or not?) bottle of slim fast.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Tearful Neil Atkinson.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • A treadmill, vomiting.

• Emre’s leftover hair gel.

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Could you explain 'leaning' Ive been miffed about it for weeks?
Just that whenever anyone signs for us, they are photographed leaning on something. Usually a bit of Melwood.

Although lately the trend has been sitting at a table with a fake contract on it, in front of a big wall of sponsors.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
That’s brilliant. They haven’t even put any context about why ‘leaning’ is a thing.

Must have been a slow news day.
Thanks I couldn't work it out until I asked then I thought oh yeah; amusing though. Good find.

They could have gave you a mention - do we have an IP issue here :shocked:

big noyd

he crossed the ball a lot for stoke largely because they were shit

clever player with excellent technique, will be able to pick out late runners & make things happen in our setup

and after seeing how paunchy he is in some of the stoke highlights, off the back of the world cup is the perfect time to bring him in

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
This is a decent deal,good price,gives us a wide option which will not go astray and I believe he will do well under Klopp.
Also gives the lad a chance to show what he can do,which I reckon is quite a bit.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Like i wrote a few times already - signing Shaqiri only makes sense if we sign Fekir (or someone like him) too. So i will wait to welcome him.

Btw i have the power to cancel the Shaqiri deal by myself. I could transfer him on FIFA today to test him as a Liverpool player and you will see something will happen before he can sign a contract. Worked with Alex Teixeira, Bony, Remy and Fekir - the Fekir one did hurt the most because i transfered him a few hours before Lyon released the statement.

Maybe we should start a poll. Do you want him at Liverpool or Not? lol

vjcpatriot

Don't even joke about it dude. DO NOT JINX things.

Look Shaqiri is worth a punt at 13m odd quid.

He is coming off a decent premier league season. At least he's Prem proven. He had a decent run in the World Cup too.

He's nowhere near the quality of Salah or Mane. But he gives us a legit, experienced option on the wing when we need to give one of our main front 3 forwards a rest on those tightly packed weeks where we have to squeeze in 2 games due to Cup or CL games on top of the league game.

I am mildly optimistic that he gives us a better depth option on the wing than what we had before.

Looking forward to hearing it made official within the next 24 hours. As we know from this summer, medicals are far from a 'sure' thing. *knocks on wood*

Maybe we can cash in on Salah now?

halandala

I think Shaqiri deal is, somehow, the same deal like balotelli. Decent and small fee for a player and its worth trying. Let's hope that he would do better than Italian guy.

coldbeatle89

Yeah, at worst, it's like Balotelli- relatively small fee, especially with how prices are going these days.

At best- it's "Alpine Messi". lol

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
I think Shaqiri deal is, somehow, the same deal like balotelli. Decent and small fee for a player and its worth trying. Let's hope that he would do better than Italian guy.
Think Shaqiri has to burn down at least one house before he can even be mentioned in the same sentence as Mario.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Yeah, at worst, it's like Balotelli- relatively small fee, especially with how prices are going these days.

At best- it's "Alpine Messi". lol
Mario wasn't that cheap, 16m if I recall, probably more equivalent to 35m today, and we recouped nothing.

coldbeatle89

Mario wasn't that cheap, 16m if I recall, probably more equivalent to 35m today, and we recouped nothing.
Yeah, that's fair- I looked at the number before my post and was like "Oh, 16m that's about what this is so it's equal!" Forgot about the fact that I literally mentioned that prices have been going up since then. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.