Xherdan Shaqiri - Welcome to Liverpool!

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
Guys, if you looked for existing threads, you'd save the site staff a lot of work.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Well... isn't it amazing what "sort of" strange things this life has sometimes planned for us? Imo this is a perfect example of "at the end of the storm there is a golden sky" right? When you are at such a low point like he was with Stoke and then suddenly a new door opens that leads to a fantastic opportunity that would probably never have existed without this "low point" before? I am very happy for him and hopefully he can prove all doubters wrong.

Welcome home Xherdan. :-)

Dane

Willing to drive Matip to the airport
Good left foot, but he's always struck me as a bit overweight, and not a particularly hard worker.
The last player to meet that description was abused beyond belief on here, and ironically ended up at Stoke.

I wish him well, dont see him as a first 11 player though.
But we needed squad depth last season, and he fits the bill for that.

Danny_

He hits it with his right foot on 3 mins so he isn't just one footed. I actually think that he will flourish in our system but whether his top level is good enough or not remains to be seen (probably not).

big noyd

i think the announcement video is a minor work of art. references to pixellated dybala & the fat jokes on this board

the eagle gesture sealed it for me, love this little fucker

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
He hits it with his right foot on 3 mins so he isn't just one footed. I actually think that he will flourish in our system but whether his top level is good enough or not remains to be seen (probably not).
He hits a gorgeous one with his right foot about 39 seconds in, too.

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout
Wasn't enthused when first linked, but coming around. He's definitely chiseled out of granite rather than shaped with putty. I originally thought he was overweight, but he's not. Maybe too many weights at the gym for a footballer, but has to be some compensation for being short. I look forward to rooting for the power cube, the first square footballer, or, as some say (Scott Jones), Big Shorts.

Decent depth. I'd probably still not be excited for him to get an extended run in team (subject to change, of course), but more than happy to see him get 20 or 30 here and there with occasional start to help keep front 3 fresh.

There's some sort of slapstick physical comedy out there pairing our three signings together. Fabinho lords over Shaqiri and Kieta like a giant. That lad looks huge next to Kieta. The next one needs to be a decent size keeper to even it all out.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
I have to admit that it‘s hard for me to welcome a swiss player (playing for their national team) who baits serbian players and fans with a political albanian gesture as goal celebration at a world cup.

But as usal it‘s „in dubio pro reo“.

Welcome to LFC!

El Cuchillero

Més que un pedantic shit.
Excellent signing. He'll prove well worth the money and more. If I'm wrong, it's 13mil. JWH drops more than that on a four day bender.

But I'm not wrong. Welcome, Xherdan!

I have to admit that it‘s hard for me to welcome a swiss player (playing for their national team) who baits serbian players and fans with a political albanian gesture as goal celebration at a world cup.
[...]
Yeah, well done. :yawn:

Very good signing..Really wanted him to join us when his release clause was 13 million pounds..Has pace, strength and very good with his free kicks.. We have completed some very astute signings this summer..

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
He is going to love playing with Firmino and Salah. It's hard to stop someone who is strong, fast and skillful with a low center of gravity.

We may make fun of him for the shape of his physique, but without extra attention, like he was afforded by his opponents at Stoke, he will be very hard to mark.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Welcome lad. Was not overly convinced by this rumor, but it is now done so will get behind him and support him like anyone else that pulls on our beloved red shirt. Hope he works his ass off like the rest of the players and he should do well here with our attacking options.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

But as usal it‘s „in dubio pro reo“.

Welcome to LFC!
Admit it , you are bias against fat people