• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Your thoughts on the season to come 2019/2020 - Prediction time

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I’ll take Man City winning the league if it means Pep treats three titles on the bounce as mission accomplished, and fucks off to the next club willing to give him an open chequebook to play fantasy football with.

That said, I think it will be dead close and we have every chance. We’ll need a bit of luck, but so does every team who wins it.

Spitfire

Resident Realist
We are in the best position I can remember starting a league campaign.

Prediction - who knows.......based on last years performance by us and Man City - you'd be forgiven for thinking to win the league you will need a 100 points - that's pretty fine margins for failure........especially when the teams below us have all strengthened. It's not that they may usurp the top 2 - but its probable they will take points off both of us.

vjcpatriot

Last season I predicted 88 points which would have been an 8 point improvement over their total of 75 points in 2017-18.

They busted through my expectations with a torrid 97 points which is even 9 points more improvement than expected.

Liverpool has kept virtually the same core intact minus the subtractions of Sturridge, Moreno, and Mignolet. Not exactly big losses to be honest.

They are also expecting some contributions from promising youngster Rhian Brewster, some improvement from Naby Keita who has yet to settle, and of course the ever reliable and deadly trio of Mane, Firmino, and Salah, two of whom shared the golden boot just this past season.

The only question mark in this squad is not top end quality but rather the rotation depth.

Lallana has been rubbish. Oxlade-Chamberlain is coming off missing a whole season due to major injury. Shaqiri was inconsistent and may have struggled with a minor injury down the stretch. Gomez is injury prone and Lovren is inconsistent.

That being said, we have the best defender in Europe in Van Dijk, the best keeper in the Premier League in gold glover Alisson, and one of the top managers in all of Europe in Klopp.

As good as Liverpool played last year, the scary thing is that if they can build more consistency in winning the full 3 points this season instead of settling for draws against lesser sides, they could easily eclipse the record breaking mark of 97 points they tallied last season when they came within an inch of seizing the domestic League title.

Despite no significant incomings, and questionable depth, I'm not going to count our boys out. And the pundits who peg Liverpool at 3rd place should be laughed out of their job and onto the street because that prediction is sheer nonsense. We will be neck and neck with City again and have a real chance to end up Champions with multiple trophies at the end of this season.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction. Liverpool cracks the three digit barrier for the first time in club history and takes home the title despite being heavily outspent by both Manchester sides and Tottenham this summer. 100 points, and minimum of a treble, and we will finally take home the Premier League title. Mark my word boys, glory shall be ours, trust in Klopp!!

YNWA! Let's stride boldly into this new season, our heads held high, our chests puffed out. We support the greatest football club in the world. And they have earned every accolade they have through blood, sweat, and hard training. We'll outwork the oil baron backed bluebloods who feel they can just buy a title with money, and after the long season is done, we will prove ourselves champions once again! LFC rise up and seize the glory! This is our year! Let's goooo!!!

Drubas

Awful window. Fortunately I don't think we'll see a huge difference in the beginning of the season. With a bit of luck we'll be at the top of the league together with City, by Christmas. I think that we'll get much more competition for the top spots after Christmas, and Tottenham, Arsenal and United will be breathing down our neck.

Without injuries to the front three Liverpool will be 2nd, with injuries well end 3d or 4th.

And in the CL we'll be out in the semis.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Que sera sera.

Hopefully I"m just going to enjoy the ride and see where it ends.

I'm starting the season fresh, comforted by the fact I've had no close season involvement in the hundreds of pointless pages of who would you buy or various transfer rumour threads.

Art Morte6

Prediction 1: Whenever Firmino can't start because of rest or injury, we're f***ed.

Prediction 2: Oxlade will be our best midfielder.

Prediction 3: Trent will (should) be tried out on the wing.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
That's what football is all about.... if one tries to make sense out of this sport, they might find themselves very disappointed. It's all emotion and passion when it comes to supporting a football club, has no room for rational thinking. If you do, you won't be here day-in, day-out typing all sorts of shit out. This is why we are called fans, the fanatics. Once you allow your brain to do the thinking for you when it comes to football, you've lost it, you won't care if the club win or lose, you won't care as much about anything to do with the club - it's just a hobby, a past time.

Anyway - prediction? We will win it all, like I always do in every season.
Are you OK Eddie? Good grief, you sounded almost poetic there. Must be on your hols in somewhere soulful and romantic. Formby?

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I really don’t know. Iv barely recovered from last season. I was a bag of nerves for much of it. I’m not sure I even enjoyed it. Every game aged me 5 years.
So I’m going to be bold and say we will be champions with a couple of games to spare.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I predict everything will be just fine . We'll kick the round thing into the netty thing and after 25 minutes of VAR we'll celebrate .

Games will take 2 days per half .

Half time will be extended to 1 week .

@jaffod will be appointed chief exec of the FA and Referees committee .

Pep will resign half way through the season in disgust that the FA called a winter break period as the ball was about to cross the line .

The FA will see this as a lack of respect and declare that we now get 15 points for a win and our goals will count as golden goals .
I'm saving this until the end of the season. To see how it works out.

I've totally disregarded your second post as "I'll have to take your first answer".

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Was feeling positive until this afternoon, probably finish where we are now - third. Adrian is not good enough, teams like United look like they've. got stronger, whereas we haven't signed anyone of note. Will be between the two Manchester clubs for the title. Totally fed up with teams like Chelsea not even trying at Old Trafford. Right now I'd take third place and a decent run in one of the domestic cups because I can't see us winning the CL two years running #feelingnegative
There is a joke thread you know.

treboeth

Was feeling positive until this afternoon, probably finish where we are now - third. Adrian is not good enough, teams like United look like they've. got stronger, whereas we haven't signed anyone of note. Will be between the two Manchester clubs for the title. Totally fed up with teams like Chelsea not even trying at Old Trafford. Right now I'd take third place and a decent run in one of the domestic cups because I can't see us winning the CL two years running #feelingnegative
Klopp is our Manager now not Rodgers :think:

redaderry

I was feeling great on Friday night when i thought we had won the single-game season league, then i realised that not only had the other 9 matches to be played, there are fucking 37 more each to play after that.. Jesus this is a hard slog

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Da fuq is this??

Ron Swanson

Out of City and Us again, no one else will be in the running. To close to call it but hopefully City will slip up and this time we capitalise.
We will snot everybody in the CL and get to our third final on the bounce.

wibseyred

I hope you haven't torn your ACL with a knee jerker like that.

treboeth

An early entry for the prestigious This Is Anfield Kneejerk Reaction To Watching One Of Our Supposed Rivals Beat A Totally Unprepared Side Award?

post 15
Thats it season over 1 goal conceded.

It was good while it lasted.

Red over the water

We will win the quadruple... but two of them will be the Super Cup and Club World. We will get a decent draw and go all the way in one of the domestic cups. Some sort of VAR controversy will see us go out of CL in quarters or semis.

We will win the Premier League.

Guardiola will be conflicted, as he will want to fight to win it back, but he will be deflated by the 3 year CL ban and two year Prem transfer ban.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member

Wow really?? lol we walk over Norwich 4-1 and off the back of a crap United beating a depleated piss poor Chelsea (who are both levels below us,in class of players and overall team play),we're going to struggle.#unberfuckinglievable.

treboeth

Wow really?? we walk over Norwich 4-1 and off the back of a crap United beating a depleated piss poor Chelsea (who are both levels below us,in class of players and overall team play),we're going to struggle.#unberfuckinglievable.
goes off to twitter to see if that one is trending :think:lol

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I haven’t a clue how this season will go.
I’m hoping we can continue from last season.
Tbh the best thing we can do is just concentrate on our own performances. If we look at city winning against weakened teams every week it’ll be soul destroying. So let’s just do what we can. The two games against them could be key.

fspencer

lol lol United should have been 4 or 5 down after 15 minutes and were then aided by the worst defensive showing since smalling and jones introduced laurel and hardy style defending - even Alberto Moreno can defend better than Chelsea did. Mount and Tammy are championship level players yet they gave united more problems than ed woodward has signing players .

If United can't dominate a midfield of Kovacic , Pedro , Mount and Jorginho then god help them when they come up against the likes of Arsenal as it would have been a cricket score due to their better quality in the final third . I'm not even going to consider what last seasons top 3 would have done in that first half .

Get a grip son. Lay off the milk.

Foldy

United should have been 4 or 5 down after 15 minutes and were then aided by the worst defensive showing since smalling and jones introduced laurel and hardy style defending - even Alberto Moreno can defend better than Chelsea did. Mount and Tammy are championship level players yet they gave united more problems than ed woodward has signing players .

If United can't dominate a midfield of Kovacic , Pedro , Mount and Jorginho then god help them when they come up against the likes of Arsenal as it would have been a cricket score due to their better quality in the final third . I'm not even going to consider what last seasons top 3 would have done in that first half .

Get a grip son. Lay off the milk.
I think this lad may of wandered in from RedCafe.