• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Your thoughts on the season to come 2019/2020 - Prediction time

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Personally a bit dissapointed that we have not strengthend . All of thecompetition have done so and many of them gave us a tough time last season hence all the draws. Hopefully Keita will come good and be brilliant and same for Ox but both are fingers crossed situations. I would have liked us to sign Fernandes , O know we have a lot of mid fielders but he would have given us more goals from MF and made it more difficult for the opposition to stifle our goal scoring ability.
Hopefully we get a win tomorrow and go on to add the EPL title to it.

Perth Red

Rolling with crocs in Darwin
Didn't really expect us to challenge for the title last year... turned out OK! So going to just go with it, see how it rolls.
Also, we always seem to play Chelsea when I am on holiday... it's terrible having to go watch in a Thai bar!

vjcpatriot

Early days but 15 points out of 15 to start the season. My 100 points prediction for Liverpool is looking good now. And we have a 2 point lead plus a game in hand on Manchester City as well. Keep watching mates, our lads will be taking home that coveted Premier League title!

Danny_

8 games in and people saying we have won the league already. I just hope the three spinsters are not laughing very hard at us. That cunt Neville just said it to jinx us.

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.
The minnows are starting to realise that the worst thing you can do against shitteh is park the bus. It's not as straightforward as that with us though. As it sits we clearly have the upper hand and a couple more losses for them before the halfway stage and my confidence will soar even higher :)(y) COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
The minnows are starting to realise that the worst thing you can do against shitteh is park the bus. It's not as straightforward as that with us though. As it sits we clearly have the upper hand and a couple more losses for them before the halfway stage and my confidence will soar even higher :)(y) COME ON YOU REDS!!!
Yeah, been saying this for ages. City are built to smash their way through a parked bus. And they are such a bunch of cunts, that they’ll happily keep kicking the fuck out of a team once they have clearly had enough (see Watford).

So if you’re a smaller team, there is no point sitting back. You’re not keeping them out, and they aren’t going to shake hands at three nil and call it a day.

The only chance you have is to get in their faces and try to exploit the fact that their defence is woeful.

Danny_

The minnows are

starting to realise that the worst thing you can do against shitteh is park the bus. It's not as straightforward as that with us though. As it sits we clearly have the upper hand and a couple more losses for them before the halfway stage and my confidence will soar even higher :)(y) COME ON YOU REDS!!!
City will spend 100m or more on a new CB when the January window opens. Ideally, we have to be as far ahead of them as possible by that point although I would bite your hand off for still being 8 points ahead if it was offered.

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.
City will spend 100m or more on a new CB when the January window opens. Ideally, we have to be as far ahead of them as possible by that point although I would bite your hand off for still being 8 points ahead if it was offered.
We need to give them a fucking good hiding next month, like the ones we gave them in the CL semis two years go.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
We need to give them a fucking good hiding next month, like the ones we gave them in the CL semis two years go.
That was in the time Guardiola played their usual attacking game against us and got punished for it on the break. Nowadays he plays much more carefully, a draw will be fine.

You become champion by winning your matches against teams outside the top two/three and that is what we are doing right now.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
You become champion by winning your matches against teams outside the top two/three and that is what we are doing right now.
It’s also what we did last year. We took more points from teams 3-20 than City did.

City took four points from us, and we only took one off them. That cost the league, IMO.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
The City games are crucial. We lost the title at the Etihad last season. Psychologically that was a big moment. Until now it's suited us being the chasers rather than the chased but the next stage in the development of the team should be that we relish being top dogs. Very early still obviously but we have a great opportunity now to really turn the screw on City while they have so many defensive problems. They won't be right again at the back until Laporte is back or they buy another CB so we can expect them to drop more points between now and then. If we can at least match their results until we play them at Anfield then there is the chance we could go 11 points clear with a win. That should be the aim. A truly great team would not allow a lead like that to slip.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
It’s also what we did last year. We took more points from teams 3-20 than City did.

City took four points from us, and we only took one off them. That cost the league, IMO.
Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day. Turn that home draw into a home win and we win the league. It's even closer when you think about decision that went against us like Kompany's red-card-that-wasn't or balls being 1mm from crossing the line.

We really need to beat them at least once this season.

Danny_

That was in the time Guardiola played their usual attacking game against us and got punished for it on the break. Nowadays he plays much more carefully, a draw will be fine.

Yeah but his defense is much more vulnerable now so I am not sure he can still play that tactic against us.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day. Turn that home draw into a home win and we win the league. It's even closer when you think about decision that went against us like Kompany's red-card-that-wasn't or balls being 1mm from crossing the line.

We really need to beat them at least once this season.
I think they need to beat us twice, or it makes it very tough for them.

I think we need a 12 point lead come January and then I might say we are favourites. Having said that, I wouldn't take 2nd place if it were offered now.

Danny_

I think they need to beat us twice, or it makes it very tough for them.

I think we need a 12 point lead come January and then I might say we are favourites. Having said that, I wouldn't take 2nd place if it were offered now.
I agree. I won't say that we are favourites until we have a double digit lead and even then, I won't be comfortable. The fixture list is also a bit worrying. We have to play that bs world club championship on top of still being in 4 competitions.