Your thoughts on the season to come - Prediction time

Danny_

We have strengthened almost everywhere we needed to strengthen. Only place I think we could still do with extra help is another no.10 to replace Coutinho and maybe at the full back position, LB especially as I have no confidence in Moreno. I think our first choice is great though. I also think that if Clynne comes back to be the player he was pre-injury, our defense will be one of the best in the league. That is still a big unknown though. I remember Martin Kelly's first season for us and what that injury did to him.

I definitely give us a chance of winning the title and I think we should at least challenge for it. But, whether we go all the way or not depends upon luck with injuries and to some extent, what the other big teams do. If United blow a big wad of cash, they are going to be dangerous this season. City are also obviously a threat. Then, we have the other unknowns - will Salah be back to his best or does he need a rest after playing through his injury in the world cup? The Kloppening is in full flow now and my prediction for this season is 2nd place (I don't want to jinx us!) :celebrating:

AussieLad

TIA Regular
We'll play 46 games. Some we will win, and some we won't, The higher number we win, then better in the league we will finish

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
Next season we will win the league. This season upcoming Liverpool will finish second. A little bedding in and hiccups in the early part will be the undoing. City are just too strong at this point.

We will push close for the title and win some silverware; we may win the title but no-one can see this. Too many variables. but Pep will now be watching closely. First or Runner-Up Prem; at least Semi's CL. Possibly a Cup win.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
League champions.

no way we'll win it by 4 points though Illok....thats not 'Liverpool' enough...not in our DNA anymore to have a relaxed May.....needs to be a last gasp goal on the last day of the season or something like that....

but we'll win it.

FilthyBloke

I think 3rd with no silverware.
Although my heart tells me we have improved everywhere we needed to and we may actually win the title. I always carry a little hope in my heart so I’m gonna go with that. Champions.

(Iv not said that since 1998 when I said we would win it every year)

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
We'll hopefully improve on last season, but what does improvement mean? In the league, I'd be satisfied to see us improve on fourth, and extremely happy to see us leapfrog Tottenham and the mancs, while keeping Chelsea and Arsenal behind us. Not sure man city are within our reach yet to be honest. Guardiola has them playing super-football and they are stuffed with world-class players. They must be considered favourites to retain their league title.

In the CL, reaching another final would be stuff of dreams, but the realistic expectation is to get out the group first, and then take it match by match.

In the domestic cups, we'll hopefully do better and go deeper into these competitions than last season. But in cup games, you can't account for anything, they are one-off occasions.

What I hope for is that we manage to integrate the new players well into the team, avoid too many serious injuries, continue to be defensively solid as we were in the latter part of the season, and continue to play the kind of breath-taking attacking football we were spoilt with last season. If that happens, I think we are in with a good chance of getting a trophy, or at least being there or there-abouts come May.

dockers_strike

I still think City are the team in the box seat. Finish above them and we will have a very good shout of being Champions. Mourinho will play his pragmatic shite park the bus football so expect them to be nailed on for 3rd. Spurs will be interesting as they have bobbed about in the top 5 but apart from Leicesters title winning season never truely looked like they could win the title. And I think their keeper Lloris is just as suspect as Mignolet and Karius so 4th for me. Arsenal could be a dark horse with a new manager and new ideas. I think their best chance is unseating Chelsea for 5th. Think Sarri might struggle at Chelsea and this league. Could see them slip to 6th.

1 MCFC
2 LFC
3 MUFC
4 THFC
5 AFC
6 CFC

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Indeed, one injury to Salah and everything could go pear shaped. Let's wait until Christmas before making any predictions.

Our business has looked very solid so far though. Brought me out of hibernation.

RedForever2014

Depends on a lot of things - luck, injuries, refs (and how we manage them).

Also depends on the subsequent transfer activity.

If we have a proper 25 man squad with 22 or 23 usable outfield players (excluding Oxlade) and if we sign a 10 (Fekir or similar) and don't trim out good squad players like Gini, I think we'll be in the title race. The CL and domestic cups depend on the draw.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
We'll play 46 games. Some we will win, and some we won't, The higher number we win, then better in the league we will finish
46 would be a pretty low number for a season with Europe. You think we'll lose in our first cup match in each competition and fail to qualify from our CL group?

Personally think we'll win the league, but if for any reason we don't we'll finish 2nd. I'm hardly ever that confident going into a new season, but with Alisson on board, even if we are truly then done this summer then I still think our first-team squad is a match on paper for any other in the league, including City.

This, without question, is the best Liverpool squad I've seen during the years I've supported the club.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Don't really like these threads but let's have a go...

3rd and we'll win a cup.

auzziez

I don't believe in miracles. I rely on them
We'll score, if not more, at least as much as we did last season... but concede a fewer goals. In all we'll be a much better balanced side this season.
I will go with top 4 finish, a domestic cup and deep into the CL run

AussieLad

TIA Regular
46 would be a pretty low number for a season with Europe. You think we'll lose in our first cup match in each competition and fail to qualify from our CL group?

Personally think we'll win the league, but if for any reason we don't we'll finish 2nd. I'm hardly ever that confident going into a new season, but with Alisson on board, even if we are truly then done this summer then I still think our first-team squad is a match on paper for any other in the league, including City.

This, without question, is the best Liverpool squad I've seen during the years I've supported the club.
Your right about it being a low number of games but the 46 games is factored at what is guaranteed. Getting out of the group in the C/L would be great but is no certainty nor is progression in either of the cups

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Your right about it being a low number of games but the 46 games is factored at what is guaranteed. Getting out of the group in the C/L would be great but is no certainty nor is progression in either of the cups
Well, you could then say 'at least 46 games', as your prediction is actually a worst-case scenario! ;-)

Chewbazza

True Believer
Too many variables to make a prediction. Saying we'll finish 1st means just as much as saying we'll finish 8th. Just words that will have no bearing on the outcome.

If everything were the same as last season but with the addition of Alisson, Keita and Fabinho, you'd hope we could be challenging for the title, but football is football, nothing is guaranteed, you can just give yourself the best possible chance, which this window is a big step towards.

All the other clubs though will be doing their business. City were so far ahead of us and that's a big gap to bridge. United finished comfortably ahead despite their terrible football, Chelsea and Arsenal both have new managers that will have an unpredictable effect (though I predict Zola will be in charge at Chelsea within two years in an interim role).

Spurs are Spurs and have replaced Arsenal as the team you think might struggle but end up there come the end of the season.

We can win silverware this year but the margins are fine. I'm not convinced we'd have made the Champions League final had we not sold Coutinho, despite it seeming the better choice for everybody at the time to wait till summer. So who knows? Maybe Achterberg makes Alisson look like Migs and Karius' bastard offspring. Maybe Salah is taken out in the West Ham game and misses the season, maybe Keita is targetted by the refs and misses half the season through suspension? Maybe the most expensive keeper and defender never let in a goal and Salah scores all those chances he fluffed last time out and doubles his tally this year?

So I'm not going to put a label on what we should achieve this year; just enjoy the journey and see where we end up.

Redsi73

It's time to win something....

While we're all still basking in the glorious CL run and the epic transfer window we've had, the club has made a serious statement.

The manager has been backed, now its time to deliver. With this squad we should expect at least a top 2 or 3 finish and a cup win.

Because of the World Cup year.The teams (ours in particular) will take extra long to really click.
Not slipping up early to any mid table or below team is what has haunted us in the past .
As for predictions . a cup of some sort