Your thoughts on the season to come - Prediction time

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
We haven't played Chelsea yet, so if we win one and draw one from playing Chelsea, then win the rest, we win on 32 wins.
Yes, that's assuming the events happen, then technically 32 wins will see us as champions. But the event has yet to happen. :-)
They can be champions with 32 wins, technically.
Not if we win 33.... so technically to win the league either one will need 33 wins to do so at this moment in time.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
I'm with @ILLOK on this one. If we win 32 out of 33 games, then there is no way that Chelsea will win 33 out of 33 remaining games, so the maximum they can win is 32/33 - so then it would go to goal difference (if the other result was the same).

Clear as mud, technically.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'm with @ILLOK on this one. If we win 32 out of 33 games, then there is no way that Chelsea will win 33 out of 33 remaining games, so the maximum they can win is 32/33 - so then it would go to goal difference (if the other result was the same).

Clear as mud, technically.
Ah.... then it does come down to goal difference which technically we could still not win it. :-)

To be sure 33 wins would definitely win us the title. Not going to happen for damn sure, but one can dream.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ah.... then it does come down to goal difference which technically we could still not win it. :-)

To be sure 33 wins would definitely win us the title. Not going to happen for damn sure, but one can dream.
32 wins and a draw wins either us or Chelsea the league.

No ifs or buts, it's not that hard to understand.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Technically we only need 32 wins :well done:
I don't get it.... 32 wins doesn't guarantee us the title. Saying '32 is all we need if x and y also happens' is as valid as me saying 'we only need 25 wins if u,v,w,x,y and z also happens'.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I don't get it.... 32 wins doesn't guarantee us the title. Saying '32 is all we need if x and y also happens' is as valid as me saying 'we only need 25 wins if u,v,w,x,y and z also happens'.
Well, no.

Technically, 32 out of 33 wins can guarantee us the league regardless of how well other teams do. The same can't be said for 25 wins, because even if we draw the other 8 we can't be guaranteed the title.

:well done:

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I agree with big Virgil..

V Van Dijk I want to win things. I want to create memories here and write history with all these boys. You need to have ambitions. With the size of this club, the people and the history of the club, we want to try and win everything. It's going to be hard but we’re going to try.

Commando

I agree with big Virgil..

V Van Dijk I want to win things. I want to create memories here and write history with all these boys. You need to have ambitions. With the size of this club, the people and the history of the club, we want to try and win everything. It's going to be hard but we’re going to try.
Was that when he was at Celtic or Southampton? ;-)

I know the thread says "prediction time", but I'm not alone for predictions. My thoughts on the season so far is this. Last season felt like 'one hell of a ride'. This season feels to me like it's a lot more serious. A bit like the team has said "we've had our fun. Let's go and win stuff". I'm sure there'll be a couple of walloping so of teams along the way but at the forefront will be professional displays. I wouldn't be surprised to see some 1-0 wins against teams that come to park the bus.

Last edited:

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Well, no.

Technically, 32 out of 33 wins can guarantee us the league regardless of how well other teams do. The same can't be said for 25 wins, because even if we draw the other 8 we can't be guaranteed the title.

:well done:
OK, so the "can" is very important in your statement, because 32 wins doesn't guarantee it. Just sayin'.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Was that when he was at Celtic or Southampton? ;-)

I know the thread says "prediction time", but I'm not alone for predictions. My thoughts on the season so far is this. Last season felt like 'one hell of a ride'. This season feels to me like it's a lot more serious. A bit like the team has said "we've had our fun. Let's go and win stuff". I'm sure there'll be a couple of walloping so of teams along the way but at the forefront will be professional displays. I wouldn't be surprised to see some 1-0 wins against teams that come to park the bus.
Interview with Joyce this week.

Danny_

One more than City, most likely.
Yeah, I feel the same. I got a bit depressed when I saw that they won 5-0 today and found myself thinking - how do we compete with these monsters. It seems like they are going to win almost every game, except against the top clubs. We are massive underdogs in the title race but so far, we are still matching them. We just have to keep this up for as long as we can and see what happens.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Yeah, I feel the same. I got a bit depressed when I saw that they won 5-0 today and found myself thinking - how do we compete with these monsters. It seems like they are going to win almost every game, except against the top clubs. We are massive underdogs in the title race but so far, we are still matching them. We just have to keep this up for as long as we can and see what happens.
Relax man. Next weekend, we will wallop Cardiff 7-0, then spurs will beat City 4-0 - we will be 3 points clear of City at the top with a better goal difference. All sorted in 1 weekend.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Relax man. Next weekend, we will wallop Cardiff 7-0, then spurs will beat City 4-0 - we will be 3 points clear of City at the top with a better goal difference. All sorted in 1 weekend.
You're living in an alternate universe where pigs have wings....