• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Your thoughts on the season to come - Prediction time

dockers_strike

The season has been brilliant so far. The LC was rightly deemed the lowest priority and we only had to play one game in it. The CL has met expectations although it was a closer call than expected after 3 poor away performances.

The league is where it is at and rightly so imho. We havent played that well except in fits and starts yet here we are, 4 points clear. The city result was a massive disappointment. I know we have goal line technology but that's the second time we've been 'done' by a matter of millimeters. The one at Bournemouth last season in the 4-3 defeat was supposedly 3mm away from being a goal.

Before the game, the match officials check each goal by holding the ball at the bottom and slowly moving it over the line to see if it activates the device they wear. This raises some questions to me. The ball isnt tested at realistic match speeds and what's the margin of error with the system? The PL uses a Hawkeye system that uses 7 cameras to 'predict' where the ball is in relation to the goal line. All I can find is that the system is 'millimeter accurate' but no indication whether that is +/- 5mm or whatever. Is every match ball tested or just one? What Ive seen is it is just one so that begs the question now we use the multi ball system, are all the balls the exact same diameter because they arent all the same weight, they just have to be within FA approved tolerance regarding weight.

Obviously Im clutching at straws!

As far as the result goes, what bothers me is the impetus and innitiative it hands city. They are clearly gloating and sane, fernandinho and bernado all weighed in with the 'pressure is now on Liverpool, can you take it' shit. While we both play in the cup this weekend, they have an extra couple of days rest before they play in the league after us. Maybe that's why they extended such energy in the game last night with that in mind because even their U23 side could snot Rotherham.

There's bound to be a bit of a doubt now in our players minds despite what they say in public. And like when we saw city suffer their first defeat this season, the next 2 or 3 sides to play them didnt have the usual fear or appear over awed. Maybe our next couple of opponents could think the same?

In truth, Im gutted we have to play this FA Cup tie because Id rather our next game was in the league to send an immediate message back to city. Im pretty sure Jurgen will put a weakened side out to face Wolves who may actually field a strong side. If we lose that, you can bet the papers will go large about a 2nd defeat in 4 days and that Liverpool are wobbling. We cant afford to send a strong side out when key players could do with a rest but a lesser side invites that result.

It could be argued the city result will make the players more focused but, if we continue to get shite reffing decisions like those served up by Taylor and his like, we are in for a tough 2nd half of the season. We face 2 key aways and 2 key home games which in reality, we are probably going to need to win all 4. Winning away at everton and united plus beating chelsea and spurs at home is a massive task.

Yes, the city result has dented my confidence. If we'd have held on for the draw that in my opinion would have given us a couple more points and more breathing room. City could still get distracted by the CL and yes, they still have to face some tough aways. I really dont see them dropping many points if any at home. I think our next couple of league games against Brighton and Palace are going to be a massive pointer to how the boys will respond.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
We've been underdogs all season and coped with it fairly well so far.
We play before City in the next round of league fixtures, win and the gap goes back to 7 points before they play.

If people focused less on City and more on Liverpool they'd have a better perspective of where we actually are.

Perth Red

Rolling with crocs in Darwin
According to Bluemoon the league is now in the bag and we will crumble away and be fighting for third or fourth come May. Clearly they will win all of their remaining games and walk the title again. Not even sure why we bother to play the games, should just hand them the trophy every August and go back to the beach!

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
The website https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo has us as favourites to win the league at 73% at the moment. Also, 3rd favourites to win the Champions League - behind Barca and City, and this with probably the toughest next round against Bayern.

Also, the SPI index that this website uses to measure the effectiveness of a team had us on 92.9 before the City game, but after the game has us on 93.0 (which is currently highest across the whole of Europe).

Ultimately saying that the performance against City was better than expected. I think it was the lowest number of good quality attempts City have had at home in 18 months - our defence restricted them - and we should have scored at least 2 with the chances we created.

We just need to keep doing what we have been, and all will be good. The progress we have made in the last 12 months is unbelievable. Just take it game at a time.

RedForever2014

Thing is,City are the hardest team we had to play in the 2nd half of the season and now they are out of the way,they didn't totally dominate us,small margins (11mm's to be exact) cost us a point and thats with a few of our players not handling the pressure and turning up on top of their game.

We won't have to face another game with players of that calibur fighting for their lives to keep their title hopes alive.If Klopp can carry on doing what he was doing before lastnights game,keeping the players focused on the next game only and not worrying about whats happening elsewhere,i can't see why we can't get back to the title winning form we had in the first 20 games this season,we also have a great record over the years for the 2nd half of the season.

I don't see us selling Solanke,Origi (or Moreno maybe) and loaning out Clyne as weakening the squad tbh,these are players that have hardly been used,they probably haven't played 10 games between them all,so i doubt they'll be missed.Ok i guess Clyne is a strange one but if this is the right time to blood youth and make space in the squad and get the best fee's for future transfers,then i trust Klopp/Edwards judgement.

We are still 4 points clear,key players due back from injury,3 top 6 teams left to play (2 at home) and still playing well,yes we have potential banana skins but Man City do aswell,with teams that have already beaten them this season and still not keeping clean sheets.
The title can be lost in the autumn and winter, but it's nearly always won in the spring.

That's when injuries have accumulated and there's little time to get people fit again, when suspensions can happen at less than ideal times, and it's when you're (hopefully) playing intense midweek CL matches and then must win PL matches at the weekend.

This is when the squad is needed most and it's when our squad weakness was exposed most last season.

We have improved our depth since then, but not sufficiently in the forward areas, whilst the weakening of our defensive squad, especially if we sell Moreno too, could quite easily cost us yet.

Clyne was better defensively against United than TAA has been all season. He should have been kept and used more. Moreno is perfectly fine to use in PL matches against lesser sides during intense periods, if the rest of the side is strong. Robertson will need a rest by then, he had niggles in March and April last season and missed a few matches.

A right footer can't do the same job at left back, and moving midfielders to cover either full back position isn't the answer when you need to be rotating the midfield too.

Above all, the much reduced quality in the forwards when any of the front three are out is a huge issue.

City have 6 interchangeable options for those positions, we have 3 plus Shaqiri and Keita able to do a job there to a degree, but nowhere near similar level, both in my eyes more advanced midfielders than forwards.

The problem of course is that arguments about where you've failed are mostly impossible to prove.

If we drop crucial points in a tight PL match whilst a forward is rested and a player of a lower level is used instead, other reasons and arguments can be used to offset any argument that had Fekir been used instead we'd have won.

You have to look at the situation as a whole and there is no doubt that clubs with deep squads and multiple quality options in crucial departments like the forwards, win the most trophies.

The cost of success is not just having a best 11, it's having a Clyne to come in 5 to 10 matches a season. Even if he wanted to go, you have to ask why the club didn't tell him it had paid him for two years whilst injured and he is now required to stick around during a title challenge to provide cover. Letting him go so easily to me indicates that the club is happy to get his wages off the books.

IMO we won't win the PL title and I think it'll be because we weren't prepared to cement our challenge when we had the chance, by signing that extra forward and not being prepared to keep the squad at the size necessary.

My own view of LFC's hierarchy is well known. I accept that they have done good things financially and commercially and that if they are taking cash out, via putting commercial deals via FSM before LFC gets a net amount, that's their right.

But whilst happy with our commercial growth and the progress we've made on the pitch, I still see our owners as prioritising financial return versus success in a disguised way.

LFC could spend more than £30m net a season on transfers on the turnover we have, a turnover that is probably itself deflated from the real figure by the routing of revenues via FSM.

I don't believe the club is willing to let our top players stay and depreciate in value, which is a direct trade off of trophies for cash given that clubs who win most trophies do so with players mostly aged 28 to 32.

For me, LFC under FSG's model of extracting cash, allowing a net transfer spend much less than it could be and being happy to sell our top players to fund transfer activity, is a club that will be there or thereabouts, win the odd trophy, maybe even the off CL or PL, but not be as successful as the club could and should be.

The difference between winning things and not is the tightest of margins, and clubs who go the extra mile are those that get over the line.

Yes Solanke wasn't much use, but Clyne was, and if we trim back further to 18 or 19 outfield players without buying, it won't be an indication of a club desperate for success.

Last edited:

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Redforever, you are such a joy, there's really no pleasing you is there? However, I do agree with you that we shouldn't have allowed Clyney to leave.So, exactly how many points clear do we have to be before you're happy? I'm not sure if you've noticed but we simply haven't got the limitless resources like City's Arab owners. I think FSG are doing a brilliant job.

Last edited:

lfc.8

Redforever, you are such a joy, there's really no pleasing you is there? However, I do agree with you that we shouldn't have allowed Clyney to leave.So, exactly how many points clear do we have to be before you're happy? I'm not sure if you've noticed but we simply haven't got the limitless resources like City Arabs owners. I think FSG are doing a brilliant job.
Have to question FSG doing a brilliant job. Progress overall has been slow and it's too easy to gloss over and forget all their mistakes in the past. Often the case when results on the field are positive but it is a fallacy.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Clyne was better defensively against United than TAA has been all season.
lol

That's not hard when the opposition have no intention of attacking, and as I recall they still got in down our right a couple of times that game.

Milner's performance against Wolves was more impressive than Clyne's against United and in a much tougher game.

Trent has been excellent for the last 6 weeks or so but you continually take shots at him. It's really odd, he is a much better player than Clyne.

RedForever2014

Redforever, you are such a joy, there's really no pleasing you is there? However, I do agree with you that we shouldn't have allowed Clyney to leave.So, exactly how many points clear do we have to be before you're happy? I'm not sure if you've noticed but we simply haven't got the limitless resources like City's Arab owners. I think FSG are doing a brilliant job.
I have said many times I'm happy with our progress and give credit to FSG for the good things they have done.

I also accept their right to manage the club financially any way they choose.

But the fact remains that they cannot claim to be wholly focussed on success when they take money from the club in the way I outlined, allow a net transfer spend of just £30m a year on a turnover of £300m+, and have lost our top players with such regularity in comparison to other top clubs, that one has to conclude it's by design.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
The title can be lost in the autumn and winter, but it's nearly always won in the spring.

That's when injuries have accumulated and there's little time to get people fit again, when suspensions can happen at less than ideal times, and it's when you're (hopefully) playing intense midweek CL matches and then must win PL matches at the weekend.

This is when the squad is needed most and it's when our squad weakness was exposed most last season.

We have improved our depth since then, but not sufficiently in the forward areas, whilst the weakening of our defensive squad, especially if we sell Moreno too, could quite easily cost us yet.

Clyne was better defensively against United than TAA has been all season. He should have been kept and used more. Moreno is perfectly fine to use in PL matches against lesser sides during intense periods, if the rest of the side is strong. Robertson will need a rest by then, he had niggles in March and April last season and missed a few matches.

A right footer can't do the same job at left back, and moving midfielders to cover either full back position isn't the answer when you need to be rotating the midfield too.

Above all, the much reduced quality in the forwards when any of the front three are out is a huge issue.

City have 6 interchangeable options for those positions, we have 3 plus Shaqiri and Keita able to do a job there to a degree, but nowhere near similar level, both in my eyes more advanced midfielders than forwards.

The problem of course is that arguments about where you've failed are mostly impossible to prove.

If we drop crucial points in a tight PL match whilst a forward is rested and a player of a lower level is used instead, other reasons and arguments can be used to offset any argument that had Fekir been used instead we'd have won.

You have to look at the situation as a whole and there is no doubt that clubs with deep squads and multiple quality options in crucial departments like the forwards, win the most trophies.

The cost of success is not just having a best 11, it's having a Clyne to come in 5 to 10 matches a season. Even if he wanted to go, you have to ask why the club didn't tell him it had paid him for two years whilst injured and he is now required to stick around during a title challenge to provide cover. Letting him go so easily to me indicates that the club is happy to get his wages off the books.

IMO we won't win the PL title and I think it'll be because we weren't prepared to cement our challenge when we had the chance, by signing that extra forward and not being prepared to keep the squad at the size necessary.

My own view of LFC's hierarchy is well known. I accept that they have done good things financially and commercially and that if they are taking cash out, via putting commercial deals via FSM before LFC gets a net amount, that's their right.

But whilst happy with our commercial growth and the progress we've made on the pitch, I still see our owners as prioritising financial return versus success in a disguised way.

LFC could spend more than £30m net a season on transfers on the turnover we have, a turnover that is probably itself deflated from the real figure by the routing of revenues via FSM.

I don't believe the club is willing to let our top players stay and depreciate in value, which is a direct trade off of trophies for cash given that clubs who win most trophies do so with players mostly aged 28 to 32.

For me, LFC under FSG's model of extracting cash, allowing a net transfer spend much less than it could be and being happy to sell our top players to fund transfer activity, is a club that will be there or thereabouts, win the odd trophy, maybe even the off CL or PL, but not be as successful as the club could and should be.

The difference between winning things and not is the tightest of margins, and clubs who go the extra mile are those that get over the line.

Yes Solanke wasn't much use, but Clyne was, and if we trim back further to 18 or 19 outfield players without buying, it won't be an indication of a club desperate for success.

I comend you on your detailed post mate BUT i'm not a glass half empty kinda guy and believe in all the good work that FSG and Klopp have done in the past 3/4years to get us to where we are now.

We are 4 points clear with our hardest games out of the way,with 17 games left (yes we could slip,so can city,they already have) and still playing well,there's nothing stopping us from going back to our first 20 game unbeaten run form,just because we lost one game against the best/richest team in the league,and loaned out Clyne.

We can talk about weakening the squad and losing the title by selling Solanke and loaning Clyne,but those are decisions made by the same guy who's got us to where we are now,i think he knows a bit more than us,when it comes to whats best for the team,do you really think Klopp would make these moves if he thought it would cost us the title??

He see's players on a daily basis,if he thought Ki-jana Hoever/Milner could do the same job Clyne could do,in the small amount of game time he'd be given then who are we to judge that opinion,Klopp could feel its time to bring some youngsters through,there could also be players being bought to strengthen the squad (we just don't know yet??).

I'm not going to give up hope in winning the league after one defeat and seeing 2 hardly used players out the door just yet.

carragold

TIA Youth Team
lol

That's not hard when the opposition have no intention of attacking, and as I recall they still got in down our right a couple of times that game.

Milner's performance against Wolves was more impressive than Clyne's against United and in a much tougher game.

Trent has been excellent for the last 6 weeks or so but you continually take shots at him. It's really odd, he is a much better player than Clyne.
Though Man city did seem to target Trents side a lot and have done so also in the past. It was his side where Man city's two goals came from. He is young and has a lot more improvement he can make but defensively Trent at the moment can be got at.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Though Man city did seem to target Trents side a lot and have done so also in the past. It was his side where Man city's two goals came from. He is young and has a lot more improvement he can make but defensively Trent at the moment can be got at.

It's also the side Lovren plays on aswell,lets be honest,i can guarentee most teams will target us down that side,when the alternative is Robertson/VVD down the left.lol

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
If you keep coming up against a player of Sane's quality he will get the better of you at some point, Trent pocketed him in the last two games.

Clyne was targeted away at Goodison last year and almost cost us the game late on. He also should have given a penalty against Arsenal after only been on the pitch for a couple of minutes. He makes mistakes too, he just also doesn't offer anything close to the same quality Trent does with the ball. We had Trent to thank for being level in the first place.

carragold

TIA Youth Team
If you keep coming up against a player of Sane's quality he will get the better of you at some point, Trent pocketed him in the last two games.

Clyne was targeted away at Goodison last year and almost cost us the game late on. He also should have given a penalty against Arsenal after only been on the pitch for a couple of minutes. He makes mistakes too, he just also doesn't offer anything close to the same quality Trent does with the ball. We had Trent to thank for being level in the first place.
Trent has held his own against Sane in the past and no questions can be asked about his quality going forward or his quality against the lesser teams but when he does come up against quality opposition I think it is there to see he is targeted and can be got at. It will take time for him not to be seen as a player that can be got at defensively.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Trent has held his own against Sane in the past and no questions can be asked about his quality going forward or his quality against the lesser teams but when he does come up against quality opposition I think it is there to see he is targeted and can be got at. It will take time for him not to be seen as a player that can be got at defensively.
Every full back can be got at, especially if they've got Salah playing in front of them and Lovren next to them instead of having Mane and Van Dijk.

Trent can improve defensively, no doubt about it, but he's much better now than certain people are giving him credit for. And even if you disagree, there's still the issue of what happens with the ball. Clyne would have been targeted by City when he had the ball at his feet as he doesn't deal with being pressed well at all, and I doubt Clyne would deal well with Sane when 1v1 either (saw him get skinned by some big lump for Brighton not so long ago...)

I'm honestly struggling to get my head around why Clyne has so much good will in the bank and Trent not so much. Trent is a far superior footballer and the much better fit for this team. Trent dealt with Arsenal's threat just fine, he dealt with Napoli just fine, he dealt with Neymar just fine, he is not a quivering wreck of a defender who is always costing us, he gets targeted so often because the alternative is to play against Van Dijk and Robertson, when Clyne was a regular for us the opponents had Moreno and Lovren on the other side...

Last edited:

carragold

TIA Youth Team
It's just I feel more comfortable seeing Robertson 1v1 than Trent 1v1. Still believe he is better than Clyne and has the potential to be levels above when he is Clynes age

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

Can you post any proof of this at all?

Again can you post some proof of this please? We've sold players who wanted to leave, we've not sold anyone due to depreciating value.

Again post proof of this please.

Perth Red

Rolling with crocs in Darwin
Blaming Trent is a bit bizarre for me. City loaded the left, Aguero and Sane often backed by others slid left to isolate Trent. A smart tactic from Pep. Jurgen changed the situation by bring on Fab and going to a four man Midfield, nullifying this and enabling a more balanced last 30 minutes. Personnel were pretty much irrelevant. Clyne would have been up against it too. Lovren, though generally poor, wasn't the reason for this it was sharp tactics by Pep. If anyone needs to be blamed, and I am not sure it is right, Klopp does. He should have countered the set up earlier, maybe moving Mane right when he saw the situation happening in the first 45.
Trent is not a weak link and anyone who feels that letting Clyne leave, after a few appearances in two years, will kill us needs to slap themselves

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I don’t see anything at all to worry about.

The reality is that Thursday’s game was 50/50. It’s was on a knife edge, and City got the rub.

Worry when we get beat by a shit team. There is no concern losing narrowly against City, especially as we’re still top by four points.

RedForever2014

Can you post any proof of this at all?

Again can you post some proof of this please? We've sold players who wanted to leave, we've not sold anyone due to depreciating value.

Again post proof of this please.
This site is about opinions, you don't have to prove them to have them.

There are many things which muddy waters when debating, that us having so many players to clear out has netted down spend under Klopp for example.

But what is clear is that we would be stronger if we added a bit of quality here and there, we will drop points during the run in if we are still in the CL and only really have Bobby, Mo and Mane to call on, and with a relatively low net spend we should be able to add someone this month who could help us over the line.

If we don't win the title from this position, on the back of failing at the last hurdle in the CL, it will be very tough to kick on from.

The club should take steps to sure this position up.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member

There are many things which muddy waters when debating, that us having so many players to clear out has netted down spend under Klopp for example.

But what is clear is that we would be stronger if we added a bit of quality here and there, we will drop points during the run in if we are still in the CL and only really have Bobby, Mo and Mane to call on, and with a relatively low net spend we should be able to add someone this month who could help us over the line.

If we don't win the title from this position, on the back of failing at the last hurdle in the CL, it will be very tough to kick on from.

That season when Newcastle infamously imploded, they signed Tino Asprilla in January - and it all went wrong from there. Not saying his fault, but sometimes adding the wrong player to a strong dressing room can work against you. Only Klopp and his management team know the dynamics of his squad and what type of player, if any will improve the squad.

Also Klopp has been here before, he knows how to win titles. On top of the front 3, we have studge, Shaqiri, Lallana, who can play in those roles - and there's Origi, Brewster and even Keita who could offer something too - then we have Ox to come back in March/April.... we seem in much better health than last season.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

That is a complete kop out. It's not about opinions or otherwise - You are accusing FSG of taking money out of the club and basically lying to the entire fan base about doing so. Offer proof or stop posting it every single time you want to have a dig at FSG for something. I appreciate it is getting harder and harder due to our success but please stop peddling lies.

We publish our books every year, go through them and prove your point (if you can).

LondonRich

I think we will win the league easily. Maybe by 10 points. Really. Last 12 months from says we can. We are stronger. More to come from Fab & Keita.

Mascot88

Admin
To be fair, thinking FSG are shite owners is an opinion. Directly accusing them of something specific is quite something else.

I’ve seen little evidence of FSG taking significant sums of money out of LFC, and if they are taking a percentage off commercial activity to provide a return for their investors, then that’s OK, and probably the cost of being owned by a relatively ethical US investment group, rather than a human rights abusing oil regime.

As long as the money is there for Klopp and Edwards when they decide to move, that’s good enough for me. There is no evidence that Klopp is frustrated by the clubs transfer activity.

We don’t only have Bobby, Mo and Mane. The second choice front three would be Shaqiri, Sturridge and Keita. That’s if we play a front three at all. We frequently don’t these days.

I agree that it would an excellent time to press home our advantage, but we have to bear in mind not only the limited players available in January, and the high specificity with which Klopp addresses transfers, but also the likelihood of anyone Klopp brings being able to make a meaningful contribution straightaway. The learning and bedding in phase is lengthy, and in the event that we land say, Timo Werner, towards the end of January, it may be late April before he is ready, by which time Ox might be back anyway.

I think the only way we make a signing in January is if a player we rate becomes available and there are other clubs sniffing round. That might persuade Klopp and Edwards to move, more than any footballing reasons would.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I don't care much about the money make as long as Fabinho, Alisson and Van Dijk of the world is being acquired every season. I don't care if we sell players just to buy as long as the manager is alright with it. What I do care about is how the manager wants to operate and what kind of support given to him.

As of now everything is sufficient. If we fail it is down to playing and coaching staff.

RedForever2014

That is a complete kop out. It's not about opinions or otherwise - You are accusing FSG of taking money out of the club and basically lying to the entire fan base about doing so. Offer proof or stop posting it every single time you want to have a dig at FSG for something. I appreciate it is getting harder and harder due to our success but please stop peddling lies.

We publish our books every year, go through them and prove your point (if you can).
It is known that Fenway Sports Marketing, a separate company owned by FSG, arrange our commercial deals and take a fee for doing so.

That is taking money out of the club.

The club, given its size and with all its in house expertise, doesn't need to be paying third parties to find and arrange commercial deals.

All this activity, and all the ensuing revenue, could be kept within LFC.

This is important as our revenue dictates what we can spend within FFP.

As I said, it's FSG's right to do so. But let's not pretend they aren't doing so.

Mascot88

Admin
It is known that Fenway Sports Marketing, a separate company owned by FSG, arrange our commercial deals and take a fee for doing so.

That is taking money out of the club.

The club, given its size and with all its in house expertise, doesn't need to be paying third parties to find and arrange commercial deals.

All this activity, and all the ensuing revenue, could be kept within LFC.

This is important as our revenue dictates what we can spend within FFP.

As I said, it's FSG's right to do so. But let's not pretend they aren't doing so.
If it doesn’t affect the clubs transfer activity (and there is no evidence it does) why does it matter?

As I said before, there probably has to be some way of providing FSGs investors a ROI, and I’d rather this than be bankrolled by an oil tycoon.

RedForever2014

If it doesn’t affect the clubs transfer activity (and there is no evidence it does) why does it matter?

As I said before, there probably has to be some way of providing FSGs investors a ROI, and I’d rather this than be bankrolled by an oil tycoon.
As you know, I don't believe the club spends what it could and should, and I believe it's because of financial constraints because of the money being taken out.

I totally get why FSG do what they do and how they do it. It's below the line, it's tax advantageous in various respects.

In any case, hopefully we'll see the money raised this month invested this month, for a player who arrives this month.

Mascot88

Admin
As you know, I don't believe the club spends what it could and should, and I believe it's because of financial constraints because of the money being taken out.
I know you think we should spend more. I’m not sure Klopp sees it that way. If Klopp was cutting a frustrated figure, then I’d be concerned.

I think there is money there for Klopp when he wants it. That’s good enough for me.