Your thoughts on the season to come - Prediction time

Red Eyes

Fair play to City, decent win albeit against an awful Chelsea side.

It wasn’t a statement win however.

What will be a statement win is Liverpool going to Old Trafford with balls the size of space-hoppers, and coming away with three well earned points.

Bring it on, can’t wait.

Prediction in that one 1-3

Alright Now

What will be a statement win is Liverpool going to Old Trafford with balls the size of space-hoppers, and coming away with three well earned points.

Bring it on, can’t wait.

3 Shaqiri deflections

jaffod

Bring it on, can’t wait.

Fair play to the Financial Fair Play abusers my arse.

dockers_strike

Fair play to the Financial Fair Play abusers my arse.
This all day. Ive a soon to be brother in law. He reckons he's a massive chelsea fan. But he sends me a message before the game that he's rooting for city to win their game because he doesnt want us to win the title.

Im amazed by these small minded people. Do they think city walking the league last season was a good thing? Do they think city winning it again somehow makes it easier for their team to win it in the near future? On today's showing chelsea are going to be in for another 50 year gap between winning titles.

Listen, Ive another mate who supports city. We used to go to Anfield and Maine Road together. In the latter end of the 60's, City had a good team that evolved to be title and cup winners. It wasnt liverpool's fault city were mismanaged off the field and dropped down the leagues. But what they are doing now is, imvho, akin to doping in athletics where some athletes are dirty and doping in the Olympics, World and European games. They are stopping others who are 'clean' in their sport winning.

We'd be virtually home and hosed now in a regular season but look at the riches, literally, on city's bench today. All the team bought in part with a £400m sponsorship deal from an airline that had never made a profit in it's then history to a club that did not even have a cat in hell's chance of securing such a deal.

I think it is going to be incredibly difficult to win the title but we just have to beat each team we play. Our difficulty is the teams we'd expect to give city a game just dont turn up on the day.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Why are regulators and clubs like LFC standing in the way of the Prince? Can we all get with the program and salute the national team of Abu Dhabi and do what all good pundits expect?

jaffod

This all day. Ive a soon to be brother in law. He reckons he's a massive chelsea fan. But he sends me a message before the game that he's rooting for city to win their game because he doesnt want us to win the title.

Im amazed by these small minded people. Do they think city walking the league last season was a good thing? Do they think city winning it again somehow makes it easier for their team to win it in the near future? On today's showing chelsea are going to be in for another 50 year gap between winning titles.

Listen, Ive another mate who supports city. We used to go to Anfield and Maine Road together. In the latter end of the 60's, City had a good team that evolved to be title and cup winners. It wasnt liverpool's fault city were mismanaged off the field and dropped down the leagues. But what they are doing now is, imvho, akin to doping in athletics where some athletes are dirty and doping in the Olympics, World and European games. They are stopping others who are 'clean' in their sport winning.

We'd be virtually home and hosed now in a regular season but look at the riches, literally, on city's bench today. All the team bought in part with a £400m sponsorship deal from an airline that had never made a profit in it's then history to a club that did not even have a cat in hell's chance of securing such a deal.

I think it is going to be incredibly difficult to win the title but we just have to beat each team we play. Our difficulty is the teams we'd expect to give city a game just dont turn up on the day.
Exactly. In any other sport cheats are stripped of their titles and/or demoted. These vile cunts are lauded. I'm going to find it very hard to deal with them 'winning' it knowing the authorities are too spineless to deal with them, the media will no doubt call us chokers and the vast majority of the country will revel in us not winning it. It all makes me feel a bit fucking sick tbh.

Red Eyes

Exactly. In any other sport cheats are stripped of their titles and/or demoted. These vile cunts are lauded. I'm going to find it very hard to deal with them 'winning' it knowing the authorities are too spineless to deal with them, the media will no doubt call us chokers and the vast majority of the country will revel in us not winning it. It all makes me feel a bit fucking sick tbh.

Or alternatively we win it, and are lauded as the team that reined in 25 points from last season to become champions

sms1986

It’s nowhere near over yet and they’ll mess up again. Maybe we will too but we’ve got more room for error.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
....or.....we could just win it?

jaffod

Yeah, I know we can still win it but realistically we are 2nd favourites with virtually no margin for error. I genuinely believe the only hope we have is to go out of the CL and just throw the kitchen sink at every fucker in the PL.

sms1986

Yeah, I know we can still win it but realistically we are 2nd favourites with virtually no margin for error. I genuinely believe the only hope we have is to go out of the CL and just throw the kitchen sink at every fucker in the PL.
We have more margin for error than they do, they can’t get as many points as we can potentially get and they keep losing to the likes of Newcastle, Leicester and Palace.

We’ll be title challengers for the next few seasons at least so even if we don’t win it this year, we’ll try again next season.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
If you’re a fan of a Spurs, or United, or Arsenal or Chelsea, or even the so called sleeping giants like Newcastle, or West Ham, or Everton, you can reconcile City winning the league - they’ve got all the money and all the best players, and the best manager, and they’ve cheated, and....well...what can you do?

But Liverpool winning it? What’s our excuse now?

Plamen

We made our situation difficult.Instead of being 4 points ahead of City with one match less we are equal on points.

theres always tommorrow

It’s a tight race, no doubting that and whoever wins it will deserve it because they will have outgunned the opposition. Every match counting. No room for error. Our nerves are jangling and our confidence tested....uncomfortable Isn’t it? But also great that WE get to feel this way because we do have a chance to win it. Very few teams get that opportunity and those that do think they are in some sort of exclusive VIP lounge that belongs to them. Chelsea don’t want us there nor the Mancs or the Arse. Fuck em...we are good enough....we just need to keep winning. Happy days

jaffod

It’s a tight race, no doubting that and whoever wins it will deserve it because they will have outgunned the opposition. Every match counting. No room for error. Our nerves are jangling and our confidence tested....uncomfortable Isn’t it? But also great that WE get to feel this way because we do have a chance to win it. Very few teams get that opportunity and those that do think they are in some sort of exclusive VIP lounge that belongs to them. Chelsea don’t want us there nor the Mancs or the Arse. Fuck em...we are good enough....we just need to keep winning. Happy days
I'm sounding like a stuck record I know but City deserve fuck all due to their corruption.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
He's basically Mourinho MK11. Where next? My money's on PSG or Juventus.
He really isnt. The guy has completely re-invented football with some of the tactics and formations he’s designed/employed especially during his time at Barca.

Yes hes had a wealth of resource at his disposal but to dismiss his ability as a manager is just blinkered because he manages City.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
I don't think that those draws with Leicester and West Ham will prove to be the turning point in the title race - in my opinion, those twelve millimetres of the ball which didn't cross the line at Etihad plus Taylor's mistake in not sending off Kompany will probably prove to be the difference in the end. Instead of remaining seven or even going ten points clear (though I think the latter was more probable and more realistic scenario), Liverpool find themselves behind on goal difference, with a game in hand (and that one being a trip to Old Trafford to a scarily in-form Man United side). Not to mention the psychological blow it would have handed Man City...

Anyway, what's done is done. The realist in me expects Man City to win the title because they have the momentum, the form and they don't have the injuries (and even if they did, for every De Bruyne and Aguero, they have a Bernardo Silva and a Gabriel Jesus - near-infinite amounts of money can buy squad depth, eh?). They also don't have away trip to Everton and Chelsea at home anymore, games in which Liverpool tend to drop points.

I'm grateful from the bottom of my heart for Liverpool to be in this situation, though, even though failed titles challenges every five years have become a commonplace for me. This time, though, this has to be the start of something big and glorious for Liverpool - or at least I'm a fool enough to believe so but everything points in that direction. I hope the boys give it their best in both Premier League and Champions League, make the rest of the world (and prospective transfer targets) stand up and take notice even if the likely scenario of this injury-hit, thin squad coming up short takes place. After all, Klopp is playing the long game here and I'm yet to get the impression that he has hit the ceiling and that the squad are overperforming this season like in 2008/09 and 2013/14.

theres always tommorrow

I'm sounding like a stuck record I know but City deserve fuck all due to their corruption.
It doesn’t matter mate. You can’t change that but this Liverpool team can beat them despite all that. They know it and so does the rest of the league. The only thing that can stop us is ourselves. It wouldn’t surprise me if we also went on to win the CL this year as well. We will all suffer from doubt from game to game but let’s just see how this plays out. Right now, im in the “we can do it” camp. I expect you and the others here to grab me by my jangling nerves and haul me back if I falter. I will do the same for you. Looking forward to Mo and Sadio pulling the wheels off the Ole Gunner Ferguson revival in a couple of weeks. That will be a good start

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Got that bitter sweet feeling.

Incredible high yesterday....... and really hoped Chelsea would bring their A game today... but all over inside 20 minutes.

City made a statement today and this week.

The good thing is that we have hope that city may slip up against the lesser teams.

Incredible how they are fighting on all four fronts. Whatever the wealth etc - they still need to do it. Look at what mourinho spent and what he did with that team. Credit to pep - but really disliking the city fan base.

Wonder what pep thinks when he sees all those empty seats, and songs about us.

I think it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

We have 3 matches in Feb to come. Let’s get this on.