Your thoughts on the season to come - Prediction time

RedForever2014

Not going to be a popular opinion I guess but I suspect City will end up clinching the title before the last round of games. I think you have to take account of the psychological factors at play. City are on a run at the exact right time and team morale will be high....picked up one trophy and still in contention for the other 3. They will be buzzing in that dressing room.

I honestly can't see us picking up two more points than they will in the run in.

I fear what effect that outcome would have on Klopp and the squad.
There is still hope, injuries and fatigue could cost them. But will we win our matches to take advantage?

I am not sure why Klopp would be effected. After all, he has his perfect squad, there was nobody else the club could have bought that could have made it any better, he has made perfect team selections and substitutions, and - as he tells us - he has a great life, earns good money, has a happy family and good health.

The players are a different matter. Two near misses in two years is a lot to take.

Those who could walk into a trophy winning side will certainly be frustrated.

Dane

NEXT!
Not going to be a popular opinion I guess but I suspect City will end up clinching the title before the last round of games. I think you have to take account of the psychological factors at play. City are on a run at the exact right time and team morale will be high....picked up one trophy and still in contention for the other 3. They will be buzzing in that dressing room.

I honestly can't see us picking up two more points than they will in the run in.

I fear what effect that outcome would have on Klopp and the squad.
I'm kind of going through a toughening process, to protect myself from the levels of disappointment if we do fall short.
But I do genuinely believe we can step it up a level or 2, and that the impending fixture back log City are going to be involved in might just see them go through a mini implosion.

RedForever2014

Therein lies the difference between you and me.
I'd rather look at the points tally from say our first 9 fixtures.
Those games gave us 23 points, and included games against Spurs, Chelsea and City. Given we have Spurs and Chelsea are at home, and we dont have to face City again, 25 or 26 is achievable. That would have us on anywhere from 93 to 96 points.

Each to their own though.

I'll deal with the misery if we fall short in May, you appear to try and deal with it on a daily basis.
The point is that we need to get back to that early season form. The problem is that recent form is nothing like it.

To be the best you have to look at what needs to be improved and do something about it.

We lack quality up top, creativity in midfield. We should be buying a top quality striker to compete with Bobby, or play with him. We need a third pacy winger and we need a quality 10.

In the meantime Klopp has to find solutions. It's interesting that all our dropped points have been when Henderson has played.

Dane

NEXT!
The point is that we need to get back to that early season form. The problem is that recent form is nothing like it.

To be the best you have to look at what needs to be improved and do something about it.

We lack quality up top, creativity in midfield. We should be buying a top quality striker to compete with Bobby, or play with him. We need a third pacy winger and we need a quality 10.

In the meantime Klopp has to find solutions. It's interesting that all our dropped points have been when Henderson has played.
We really, really dont.
I'll give you the creativity and Henderson points though.

RedForever2014

We really, really dont.
I'll give you the creativity and Henderson points though.
We do lack quality up top - compare what City have to Bobby, Mo and Mane.

Compare the spread of their goals to ours.

It's no good pasting a side 5-0 and then not being able to score the next match.

Dane

NEXT!

It's no good pasting a side 5-0 and then not being able to score the next match.
I just did.

Our front 3 have outscored their top 3 scorers.
Our top 2 have outscored their top 2 scorers.

I already conceded the midfield thing, which includes not scoring enough.

Noo Noo

ROFL. Wasn't it Pep that said our front line was scary?

Are you the Boris Johnson of LFC supporters? Finding a little thread and pulling it to reveal some huge conspiracy / failing? How do you like your banana's? Straight or bendy?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Anybody like me and getting more and more upset with every passing day about that split second when Vincent Kompany assaulted Mo Salah....as the last fucking man?

I try and steer away from blaming referees or any external factors.....but that split second does get the conspiracy theory redbj out of his shell a bit.

I mean...seriously, and nothing seemed to linger about it.

Should be played on loop in the referees locker.
Me too. It was an absolutely scandalous decision, and how little has been said about it is really fishy.

It was late. It was studs up. It’s was high. It was reckless. Salah was the last man. And there was absolute no intent to play the ball. The only reason it wasn’t a straight red was that it was in the first thirty minutes rather than the last.

Dane

NEXT!
Assuming they beat Swansea in the FA Cup, I just cant see any free midweek where City can play their re-scheduled league match with Cardiff if they also keep progressing in the CL.
Something has to give.

Cue a Mourinho type complaint about fixture congestion.

Plamen

This season is turning into another disappointment.Everything was going so well until January.But since the beginning of this year it has been completely different story.We have dropped 11 points in the last 9 games.

Dave-D

Win our next 3 games and we go into April with City playing catch up again.
They will have a game in hand, but it's at Old Trafford.
Better to have points in the bag than games in hand in my book.

Just checked, and City wont catch up on games played until April 24th.
Plus, if as expected they progress to the FA Cup semi final, they will drop a further game behind on April 6th.

Let's see how they deal with that before we all become suicidal.
And the game they play before going to old toilet is Spurs so they can’t be doing much rotation in the game before either.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Anybody like me and getting more and more upset with every passing day about that split second when Vincent Kompany assaulted Mo Salah....as the last fucking man?

I try and steer away from blaming referees or any external factors.....but that split second does get the conspiracy theory redbj out of his shell a bit.

I mean...seriously, and nothing seemed to linger about it.

Should be played on loop in the referees locker.
I'm with you all the way, heck I'll go even further... Why did it take several minutes for that 'over the line' grafh to show up after our goal was dismissed :think:

Rambler

Second is one step away from triumph.
I'm with you all the way, heck I'll go even further... Why did it take several minutes for that 'over the line' graph to show up after our goal was dismissed :think:
Because the FA had told all the officials to make sure LFC do not win the Premiership come hell or high water and if there are any goal line marginal decisions in our favour they must tamper with the graphics before releasing them ....;-)

I am fully on board with this now...saves having to complain about Klopp's substitutions, bad play, misfiring forwards, weather conditions....Life is a lot simpler now.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Because the FA had told all the officials to make sure LFC do not win the Premiership come hell or high water and if there are any goal line marginal decisions in our favour they must tamper with the graphics before releasing them ....;-)

I am fully on board with this now...saves having to complain about Klopp's substitutions, bad play, misfiring forwards, weather conditions....Life is a lot simpler now.
lol hey man I'm crazy don't listen to me...

...but City do have deep pockets :think::tongue:

Craigy_Boy_92

9 cup finals left. The 3 games with Spurs, Southampton and Chelsea will make or break it I think. Play like we have been away from home and we will struggle against Southampton who are battling relegation. Obviously Spurs and Chelsea are always tough games. Much like with City there’s 3 games for them that are huge. Palace, Spurs and United.

I can’t handle more heartbreak. Let’s do it Reds!

RedForever2014

Me too. It was an absolutely scandalous decision, and how little has been said about it is really fishy.

It was late. It was studs up. It’s was high. It was reckless. Salah was the last man. And there was absolute no intent to play the ball. The only reason it wasn’t a straight red was that it was in the first thirty minutes rather than the last.
And yet I get mocked for citing conspiracies.

Go figure.

RedForever2014

ROFL. Wasn't it Pep that said our front line was scary?

Are you the Boris Johnson of LFC supporters? Finding a little thread and pulling it to reveal some huge conspiracy / failing? How do you like your banana's? Straight or bendy?
Don't care for bananas and haven't done since the Evertonians threw them on the pitch during their racist chanting at John Barnes.

Speaking of pulling at threads, what has anything I said about our issues in any been indicative of my suggesting a conspiracy?

In fact, on a broader note, in reference to other comments on here about the said subject, I think what we are talking about here is bias and favouritism in the media, in national institutions, filtering to refereeing decisions, probably more subconsciously that surreptitiously.

RedForever2014

My post is hardly comparable with the way you go on.
You should perhaps listen to the catch up of the 'Radio Merseyside Football Phone In', Mondays at 6pm.

Ben The Red constantly cites media bias against LFC. A few comments tonight too about the risk of losing our better players if we don't progress fast enough.

It's a fair point, you really think VVD wants to be carrying the side week in week out with nothing at the end of it? You really think Alisson wants to have the most clean sheets that didn't result in a title medal?

Klopp may be all for squad unity and loyalty to all, but nothing spreads disunity more than players who deserve success not getting it despite their best efforts. Klopp's loyalty should be to what needs to be done to make LFC successful, which includes culling those who can't contribute at the right level and replacing them with players who can.

I do admire your patience with constant near misses, and that you don't moan when a top player wants out because of it.

Personally I want to see us constantly, relentlessly and ruthlessly upgrading the squad around our top players, such that they want to see out their careers at LFC.

Danny_

We are still in with a chance but I'd say it's about 80-20 against us now. I realize that some of you won't like that prediction but que sera. We have progressed massively this season and we are so very close that it is maddening. But we are just maybe one top class attacker short. We could also do with a bit more cover at LB/RB. We are just unlucky that we have to face this juggernaught team in City. Any other year and I'd still have us at 50-50 to win it.

Dane

NEXT!
Although Sutton comes across as a bit of a cock, he kind of sums thing up fairly accurately here.