Your thoughts on the season to come - Prediction time

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
I know everyone from London intimately.
Well, Sir King Kenny invited Sir Alex to the centenary stand re-naming ceremony.
I‘m not sure if he invited everyone else from Glasgow.

Noo Noo

Well, Sir King Kenny invited Sir Alex to the centenary stand re-naming ceremony.
I‘m not sure if he invited everyone else from Glasgow.
I can believe that. It's a pretty small circle unlike what Cynicaloldgit (typical Londoner and English) thinks.

redaderry

I can see more than a few twists and turns yet to come. It happens every year and this year will be no different. Just hoping that they twist our way. I have no doubt that city will not pick up all 27 points, nor will we. And with only one point in it is all to play for. I still feel like we're gonna win this.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
I brought ManU into this in the first place because I expect them to (unintentionally) help us win the title by doing their job at old trafford.
And you are right. We should move on.
But I don‘t have to provide anything. Olec-Gunner is their official manager. Fergie has no official role anymore as far as I know. It‘s almost impossible to prove that someone isn‘t part of a clandestine, hidden operation. CT territory :-)
Sorry I'm confused. Are we saying that Fergie hates LFC so will tell Olie to tell the team to lose to City so that we wont win the league ?

Rambler

Second is one step away from triumph.
There is no way Man Utd will lie down to City.
Cant believe anyone thinks that is a remote possibility.
In any case that game is not till 24th April. Unless we do the business between now and then the result could be irrelevant anyway.

We have taken 10 out of 18 possible points from the last 6 games. If we repeat that form between now and then.......

Last edited:

RedForever2014

Although there's an argument for prioritising the PL, the reality is that we'll go all out with the strongest 11 in the CL next week and see what happens.

The CL is certainly interesting. If we get past Munich then two of the main forces of the past 7 or 8 years will be out, with all their experience of the tournament.

I'm not sure what impact seedings would have on the draw, if some higher seeded sides have gone. Would we then have a chance of getting a lesser of the remaining sides as one of the best ranked remaining sides?

No opposition would be easy, but if get through next week and get a decent quarter final, it could open up.

United or Spurs wouldn't even be bad draws in Europe, with unbiased refs and home and away ties.

Let's hope we get past Munich, it would be good for our coefficient and morale and who knows what could happen thereafter.

lfc.8

Although there's an argument for prioritising the PL, the reality is that we'll go all out with the strongest 11 in the CL next week and see what happens.

The CL is certainly interesting. If we get past Munich then two of the main forces of the past 7 or 8 years will be out, with all their experience of the tournament.

I'm not sure what impact seedings would have on the draw, if some higher seeded sides have gone. Would we then have a chance of getting a lesser of the remaining sides as one of the best ranked remaining sides?

No opposition would be easy, but if get through next week and get a decent quarter final, it could open up.

United or Spurs wouldn't even be bad draws in Europe, with unbiased refs and home and away ties.

Let's hope we get past Munich, it would be good for our coefficient and morale and who knows what could happen thereafter.
There is no seeding going forward in any respect.

If we get through Bayern then the optimal draw would be either Porto or Ajax. With Real and PSG both out, possibly Juventus as well, the draw becomes a bit more open.

lfc.8

Appears the draw for the semi-final and final will also be done at the same time.

Dane

NEXT!
Appears the draw for the semi-final and final will also be done at the same time.

Same as last season.

Rambler

Don't encourage the conspiracy theorists :shocked:

W00die

Could City get a European ban with this latest investigation (it would be their second time caught)? If so we need to win Premiership this year as they would obviously have less matches over the next few years. Not sure what penalties I want them to get. Possibly Euro ban, huge fine (9 figure?), and FA docks them points & restricts their squads for next 3 years would be a start.

Rambler

Could City get a European ban with this latest investigation (it would be their second time caught)? If so we need to win Premiership this year as they would obviously have less matches over the next few years. Not sure what penalties I want them to get. Possibly Euro ban, huge fine (9 figure?), and FA docks them points & restricts their squads for next 3 years would be a start.
Pretty certain the FA can't dock them points. EPL is not under their jurisdiction. It is wholly owned and run by the member clubs.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
It was mentioned by someone from Fifa that a ban might be an option if found guilty. Obviously city fans wouldnt care because they don't like the champions league anyway

RedForever2014

There is no seeding going forward in any respect.

If we get through Bayern then the optimal draw would be either Porto or Ajax. With Real and PSG both out, possibly Juventus as well, the draw becomes a bit more open.
Obviously we have to get through first, but if we do it's good to know we have an equal chance of one of the better ties.

United, Spurs, Ajax, Porto through so far. I was pleased Roma went out, as a tie with them would have been nasty after last season.

Athletico Madrid would be tough, but Juventus tougher, so I hope Athletico do it.

It'd be nice if City came unstuck, even if it'd help them in the PL, as I just don't want that awful club getting its grubby hands on big ears and the sooner they go out the better. It might tempt Pep away to Juventus, and together with the investigation into them, might turn the tide a bit.

Exile on Anfield

TIA Youth Team
Has been that way for a while I think
Not as I recall. Just taking last year, there was a draw after the quarterfinals (where most fans here were, rightfully, hoping for Roma):

I think that has been the historical practice; I missed that the draw protocols had changed.

But, presumably, with the semifinal draw occurring next Friday as well, teams will know who they’d play (the winner of) if they advance, obviating the need for a post-quarters draw.

Unless I’m missing something here.

Last edited:

Dane

NEXT!
Obviously, the only real concern or interest I have is us finishing first.

However, how fucking hilarious would the below scenario be?

1. Liverpool
  2. Man City
  3. Chelsea
  4. Man Utd

CL winners - Spurs
EL winners - Arsenal.

Man Utd would drop to the EL lol

Bonus

TIA New Signing
I don't know hat that is about to be honest. I certainly don't think its about people. Ferguson, Dalglish, etc. all from Glasgow and all know each other really well. And that goes way back with Shankly etc. The rivalry between fans has always been there but for some reason he felt it necessary to stoke the fire to a new level. Maybe a way of starting a bit of a siege mentality perhaps?
I am pretty sure Fergie did the same when at Aberdeen,
he created a them and us mentality against the old firm,

forcing it into his players that ,
the old firm were the enemy, and the benchmark, and to to win league titles
you had to go to Glasgow and beat the old firm at their place
to put them in their place.

TBF it bloody worked!

Fergie and Jim Maclean (another old school manager) battered the old firm,
on very limited resources, in comparison to the old firm.

RedForever2014

The next three PL matches will be key. We go to Fulham, then City go there whilst we face Spurs the next day. If we go top at Fulham and beat Spurs, then negotiate the tough trip to Southampton, we could have a five point lead before City play Cardiff on April 6th, albeit with two games in hand.

But that'd be nice, because after Cardiff at home City have a tougher run, with Palace away, Spurs at home, United away, Burnley away and Leicester at home. Palace have enough quality to do something at home against them, how ironic it'd be if this time City came unstuck there after 2014.

If we've beaten Spurs, they might be desperate for points in relation to finishing top 4 when they play City, ditto United. Burnley could give City a game at home, whilst a Brendan Rodgers Leicester might also help us.

Our matches won't be easy either, but we need to win the next three to put pressure on and set us up for the final five matches.

It'd be fascinating if ex manager Rodgers hurt City and the same day we beat Rafa's Newcastle. If Hodgson's Palace do something against them too, maybe a flag comprising the faces of Rodgers, Rafa, Hodgson and Klopp will sit nicely behind the one of ex managers currently flying on The Kop.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
The next three PL matches will be key. We go to Fulham, then City go there whilst we face Spurs the next day. If we go top at Fulham and beat Spurs, then negotiate the tough trip to Southampton, we could have a five point lead before City play Cardiff on April 6th, albeit with two games in hand.

But that'd be nice, because after Cardiff at home City have a tougher run, with Palace away, Spurs at home, United away, Burnley away and Leicester at home. Palace have enough quality to do something at home against them, how ironic it'd be if this time City came unstuck there after 2014.

If we've beaten Spurs, they might be desperate for points in relation to finishing top 4 when they play City, ditto United. Burnley could give City a game at home, whilst a Brendan Rodgers Leicester might also help us.

Our matches won't be easy either, but we need to win the next three to put pressure on and set us up for the final five matches.

It'd be fascinating if ex manager Rodgers hurt City and the same day we beat Rafa's Newcastle. If Hodgson's Palace do something against them too, maybe a flag comprising the faces of Rodgers, Rafa, Hodgson and Klopp will sit nicely behind the one of ex managers currently flying on The Kop.
Crystal Palace playing at home are pretty shite to honest. They have a better away record

Dane

NEXT!

It's unlikely that game will be played on April 6th.
It'll become clearer after Saturday.

Danny_

We need to catch fire now and just start winning every game. That's the only way we have a chance - just don't think about it and keep winning. A lot depends on the front 3 staying healthy and in good form.

Dane

NEXT!
This is going right to the wire, May 12th will throw up varying emotions.
Many will be devastated if we fall short.

Many will be like "Ah well, what's for dinner?"

sms1986

This is going right to the wire, May 12th will throw up varying emotions.
Many will be devastated if we fall short.

Many will be like "Ah well, what's for dinner?"
Personally, I'll be disappointed but looking forward to another title challenge next season. Regardless of whether we finish first or second, we've had a great season and we're only going to get better.