Your thoughts on the season to come - Prediction time

LeoT

97 points in one season is amazing.
If a team gets more points than that then they probably deserve to win the title ...Congratulations.

Glad this season remained competitive to the end and didn't descend into a Klopp vs Pep dung fight, like it used to with Wenger/Mourenho/Fergie/Raffa.

The Bitters are the other lot form the other side of Stanley park, unlike them, we win and lose with grace.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
The Man City team, Manager etc... did produce a fantastic season, surely that can't be denied. How they have built the team and continue to fund it etc... and who their owners are is a completely different conversation. Admire their brilliance on the park, hate everything else!
I don’t know how you can separate the two.

It’s like saying I know Lance Armstrong took loads of performance enhancing drugs, but you can still admire what he did on a bike

Perth Red

Deep in the wilds of outback Queensland

It’s like saying I know Lance Armstrong took loads of performance enhancing drugs, but you can still admire what he did on a bike
Not at all. The players on the park performed, they aren't the ones who manipulated (allegedly) the rules.

Would you, by the same token, associate Gerrard and Carragher with the business dealings of Hick and Gillett? Of course not.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.

What he did on a bike was extraordinary.

Lance cheated but was competing against cheaters, it was an even playing field. The same isn't true for City.

Mousecat

the defeat at the Etihad was the most crucial result of the whole season.

There's absolutely no doubt it was. It galvanised city with the belief that they were still the best team in the league. going into that match their was a feeling that they were a bit scared of us at that point, and the atmosphere in the stadium in the early stages when we attacked them confirmed it. We expected and prepared for a storm that never came, and didn't take the game to them when we had the chance. It's a shame, but next season these have to be the games we win.

Imgoingred

TIA Reserve Team
Great season so far. Potential to be one of the best. Regarding the league - I did not expect to take it so close with 97 points, so hats off to everyone involved for a brilliant league campaign. Can't say the same for City. Everyone knows they're breaking the rules but won't openly admit it. It's why no one cares about their treble and it's why they're so obsessed with us because we're doing it the right way.

As for next season, we now know the games against City will be pivotal and that we actually don't have any room to drop points unexpectedly to opposition we ought to be beating. Both teams are capable of a dozen wins in a row. We'll have 38 cup finals next year.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
So you don't think we have a chance in the domestic cups?

Pessimist.
Nah: we’ll draw be given Man City away in the FA Cup and get robbed in the match itself; while we’ll play the kids in the Carabao Cup and they’ll get kicked off the park by Stoke or similar.

Cynic.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Nah: we’ll draw be given Man City away in the FA Cup and get robbed in the match itself; while we’ll play the kids in the Carabao Cup and they’ll get kicked off the park by Stoke or similar.

Cynic.
Fully expecting City to get my lads village team in the third round of the FA Cup. Aldershot Ladies in the fourth round, and those old lads off Father Ted in the quarters