• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Youth players you got way too hyped for

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Canos is a werid one, he has stagnated a bit but still does look miles above his team mates every time I have seen him. Must be an environment type player as he didn't break through at Norwich. I feel he could probably play at a lower PL level, will he ever go that way who knows, 22 is still young, he isn't going be the next Messi but he has time to develop.
You look at who he had to get past in the starting lineup, and then think about the last time a young player broke into the squad in the last 10 years. 15 years?

This is a tough nut to crack, this club. Maybe 2012/13 Canos would have had a shot at it had he been old enough) but we are bringing in world class players now. Kids coming into this academy now are looking at us for the training and opportunities which would come at Kirkby when they will be with the first squad...

Just my opinion, don't roast me too bad.

Jwils21

I remember that youth team with Pacheco, Suso, Morgan, Plessis etc. Adam Morgan’s name always seemed to be brought up whenever we had injuries to strikers, but it just never worked out for him. Damien Plessis also looked boss against Arsenal at the Emirates, and then barely featured again.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
A name I haven't seen mentioned is Nabil El Zhar, was talented and has went on to have a decent career in La Liga mostly I think, scored the winner v Barca a few years back.

GratefulRed

TIA Reserve Team
Ad-free Member
Be cool to have a poll up:

(Says the person that came to this thread too late and just wants to name all the people that have already been named.)

But mostly. Dani Pacheco. Thought he’d basically have David Silva’s career.