Youth Transfers Thread

Sweeting

FWIW I would be shocked if anyone playing for our U23s failed to have a professional career thesedays. Its just too high of a level.

U18s drop outs could struggle but even most of them end up professional.

Limiescouse

One of the biggest surprises since Klopp has come in has been the fate of Brannagan. Early on when Klopp started looking to the kids he was well positioned as the best of the next group, but almost from day 1 Klopp overlooked him. There are definitely elements of his game that would have benefited us at times, and so I'm not sure what it was that Klopp did not like. Whatever it was it makes me worry a bit for him. The sort of player he is, if he isnt good enough for a Prem side, or select sides in the championship, he may find himself struggling because once you fall lower than that level, not many times have room in the side for a player like him and they will be able to find other players who can kick and rush better than he can.

TippRed

TIA Youth Team
Sidenote: I think all of these players have "fulfilled their potential". It's just not the "potential" you thought they had. :-)[/QUOTE]
True it probably is my over enthusiasm for players to come through. Seeing more in them than there is. Rossiter was another I was devastated to see leave.
TAA definitely gonna make it though. Right, right?

gr_sounder

Sidenote: I think all of these players have "fulfilled their potential". It's just not the "potential" you thought they had. :-)
True it probably is my over enthusiasm for players to come through. Seeing more in them than there is. Rossiter was another I was devastated to see leave.
TAA definitely gonna make it though. Right, right?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely correct!!!!!
Which is why I am also a big fan of trying to find the next youngster who will actually make it and thrive!!!

There is always.... "the next one" :-)

Mark Thurgood

He's moving to Oxford Utd, so he'll have a chance at a career, which is what most of these guys want. May not be the career he thought, but you never know. 10th in league one. If he's good enough someone in the championship will take him and give him a shot. Best of luck to him.
He’ll be playing good football too, partnering a scouser in the middle in former Everton youngster Ryan Ledson. It’s my home town club. I’ll keep an eye on him as my brother has a season ticket.

cynicaloldgit

Total Member
Weren’t there rumours that Real Madrid were interested in Brannagan just a couple of years ago? Wonder where it all went wrong for him.

Shame about Brannagan, i always thought he was a good young player, never really got a chance to build on his breakthrough into the first team a few years back.

Actually thought out of all the kids he would of been the one to make it onto the bigger stage

Sad to see him go.

All the best

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Shame about Brannagan, i always thought he was a good young player, never really got a chance to build on his breakthrough into the first team a few years back.

Actually thought out of all the kids he would of been the one to make it onto the bigger stage

Sad to see him go.

All the best
Good luck to the lad. Frankly I thought he was an honest player but never felt he would make the first team.

Kopstar

★★★★★

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Simon Edwards

@SimonEdwardsSAF

Liverpool have agreed terms to sign 18 year old Anderson Arroyo. The Colombia U20 international made his debut for Fortaleza at 15. He had trials with Liverpool in 2016 & Mallorca in 2017. The quick, left footed Arroyo is an attacking fullback who can also play on either wing.
Pacy, plays on the front foot. decent control at his feet.

big noyd

read that he's played more on the right than the left. in those highlights he's very comfortable playing the ball with his right foot & cutting inside on it. potential to provide cover along both flanks is an attractive quality

bazza66

TIA Youth Team
Simon Edwards
@SimonEdwardsSAF

Liverpool have agreed terms to sign 18 year old Anderson Arroyo. The Colombia U20 international made his debut for Fortaleza at 15. He had trials with Liverpool in 2016 & Mallorca in 2017. The quick, left footed Arroyo is an attacking fullback who can also play on either wing.

Anderson, welcome to Barcelona!

Well somebody had to say it...

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
looks more like a winger then LB. love the way he runs at defenders
Nah, from what I saw the guy is a proper defender. Look at his tackles.... he actually left one of the Chile player flat after coming together on a 50-50 challenge.

I also do believe we used the "Barcelona" card on this fella... surely.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
After his contract dispute with Manchester City, Bobby Duncan (16), the cousin of Steven Gerrard, is set to join Liverpool. City will receive a low compensation fee of around £200,000. [@reluctantnicko]

Is our domestic youth transfer ban up?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
After his contract dispute with Manchester City, Bobby Duncan (16), the cousin of Steven Gerrard, is set to join Liverpool. City will receive a low compensation fee of around £200,000. [@reluctantnicko]

Is our domestic youth transfer ban up?
Wouldn't this be free transfer since he didn't agree on anything, and we are compensating would mean that he is not under contract.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Just read that this kid scored 66 goals for City's youth team season before last (he's apparently not played this season at all due to the contract dispute).

Hopefully another good forward entering our system, can't remember the last time our academy front-line looked so promising!

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
I think his younger brother is also on Liverpool books. I know that he's pretty highly rated and that people were wondering how it was possible that a cousin of none other than Steven Gerrard was allowed to slip through Liverpool's grasp and end up at Man City. Hopefully he comes to Liverpool and turns out to be everything people say he is as a player. And someone named "Bobby Duncan" definitely has to make it as a player, it's such a cool sounding name, 70s or 80s style.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Wouldn't this be free transfer since he didn't agree on anything, and we are compensating would mean that he is not under contract.
I think it still counts as transfer from one academy to another.
Went back and looked up the ban though and it's 2 years with the second suspended so free to sign from this summer anyway.