Youth Transfers Thread

Mark Thurgood

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-rhian-brewster-bundesliga-asteenage-forward/

Well, there were rumours of him looking to leave Liverpool but I didn't quite expect it to happen. This would be a real shame.
Obviously I understand why, I sympathise with him also if this is deemed to be true.
I personally wouldn’t be standing in his way. Loan him out to a decent side in the Bundesliga where he can thrive would be more satisfying...to a team such as Dortmund, Werder Bremen, Monchengladbach, Frankfurt, Leverkusen or even Leipzig (as a sweetener for taking Werner this summer).
To lose him entirely would be a great shame. Unfortunate injury sustained a couple of months ago ruled him out of any possible hope of playing a part this season. I do feel Klopp would look at a possible loan move Rangers maybe on the cards with Stevie there.
Integrated into the bench and a couple of appearances pre season may make him decide whether to stick or twist.

Sweeting

It may confuse and annoy Sam Allardyce, but really got to admire the way the young English players of this generation are willing to go abroad to fulfill their ambition.

In theory he could be a Jaden Sancho type if he went to Germany, which is absolutely the best place to go as a teenager thesedays, and be playing in the first team.

Can't blame him if he does go, hopefully Klopp can convince him to stay - but if the choice if to keep Brewster and give him regular game time or sign a £50m forward and lose Brewster to Germany then I am taling option 2 all day.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Agree with that first part. Really admire Lookman's example, especially after the way Big Sam was publicly against it (pushed for the Championship option) before the lad even landed in Leipzig. Did really well (5 goals and 4 assists in 11 games) and hope he f*cks off Everton in the summer and continues his development somewhere else in a more healthy and progressive environment. Something more (young) English players in general could do, though I understand why that isn't so often.

Hope Brewster stays of course.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/302003-u9s-signing-enjoy-special-day-with-trent-at-anfield

Congratulations to: Alfie Knight, Kai Morrall, Elliot Garrity, Max Hawkins, Remi Parle-Akinbiyi, Harley Cannonier, Charlie Huth, Aaron Cutler, Kole Ademuyiwa, Charlie Phillips, Isaac Konde, Jake Doughty, Joe Dixon, Shadrach Ekiugbo, Aseosa Onaghise, Liam Balmer, Zak Coxon, El Nino Shelton, Josh Abe, Vincent Joseph, Jodie Nganga, Isaiah Garin.

Someone named his kid El Nino? Oh dear. :indifferent:
It's Spanish for The Nino.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/302003-u9s-signing-enjoy-special-day-with-trent-at-anfield

Congratulations to: Alfie Knight, Kai Morrall, Elliot Garrity, Max Hawkins, Remi Parle-Akinbiyi, Harley Cannonier, Charlie Huth, Aaron Cutler, Kole Ademuyiwa, Charlie Phillips, Isaac Konde, Jake Doughty, Joe Dixon, Shadrach Ekiugbo, Aseosa Onaghise, Liam Balmer, Zak Coxon, El Nino Shelton, Josh Abe, Vincent Joseph, Jodie Nganga, Isaiah Garin.

Someone named his kid El Nino? Oh dear. :indifferent:
To be honest, I wouldn't have been opposed to the idea of naming my kid (if I ever got them) Fernando at least had he only stayed! lol

Anfield rd Dreamer

Great news. Although possibly a sign we aren't in the market for out and out forwards as he now feels more confident of getting regular playing time?
Don't think we ever were. For a start Firmino isn't really a centre forward he's an attacking mid that plays a little further forward. He's basically David Silva with Frank Lampards scoring 5 yards higher up the pitch. That's why our team shape stops working when we replace him with Sturridge, Origi, Solanke or Ings (despite his hard work). They all switch us to a plan B we don't want to be stuck in. It's why Fekir made sense. He seems to have some quality but he can play the same way. They can rotate at CF or one can play behind the other as a 10 Or, more accurately, the 10/8 hybrid Klopp has used Coutinho, Ox, Lallana and Milner as. I think Brewster could potentially be trained up into that kind of player but even if he can't he can be our "plan B" option. We didn't actually need to turn to a plan B much last season. Most of the time those back ups forwards played was because we had to use them when we had no other option. Strengthen the front 4 positions and we no longer need any of those square pegs as we'd have like for like cover for the round holes. Brewster can then be slowly developed and bled in on our schedule when we want to use him not need to (as happened with Solanke who now needs playing time so I think we should loan him out).

MarcusBerglund

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...young-shamrock-rovers-netminder-37068382.html

Liverpool send their goalkeeping coach to watch young Shamrock Rovers netminder
1Gavin Bazunu
John Fallon
July 1 2018 12:30 PM

Jurgen Klopp may turn to an Irish teen to help ease his long-term goalkeeper problems after sending John Achterberg to watch Gavin Bazunu in action for Shamrock Rovers.
Klopp’s goalkeeping coach was at Tallaght Stadium on Friday to watch the 16-year-old keep his third clean sheet on the spin in the 2-0 win over Derry City.
Former Reds boss Brendan Rodgers was impressed with the teen during a recent week-long trial at Celtic, while he’s also spent time at Arsenal and Brighton and Hove Albion.
As the Hoops are sponsoring Bazunu’s school fees at Ashfield College, and he’s due to sit his leaving certificate next year, it will take a lucrative offer for the club to do business. Only last week, they sold Graham Burke to Preston North End for €300,000.
However, with Northern Ireland international Alan Mannus eligible to face Cork City on Friday following his move from St Johnstone and mounting interest in Bazunu, a deal could be brokered in the coming weeks.