• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Youth Transfers Thread

Sweeting

Its the Metro, but wonder if theres anything solid regarding this one...
Liverpool interested in £4million transfer for Leeds youngster Leif Davis
I saw this one and looked him up, since the article I saw said he had made an "incredible impact" at Leeds...

One start and three appearances in the league. two of those appearances have been in the final minute.

Seems unlikely he would be an option to support Robertson with about 100 minutes of first team football to his name.

If he were to sign it could be an indication that we intend to move Larouci's position. He's currently the U18 left back and moving into the U23s this season but he is extremely versatile.

supereddman98

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I wonder if he would qualify for work permit in the UK?

Last edited:

Sweeting

A guy on RAWK has said that the two players we have signed from them are Luke Hewitson, GK, and James McConnell, winger, both of them were on trial with us earlier this year. Another trialist, Harrison Jones, looks like he was not picked up. Both lads are coming in from Sunderland's U14 team.

Luca Stephenson was signed from Sunderland U16s last season also and should be in our U18 squad this season.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
We must be in pole position here. Huge Irish community, great transport links back to NI, fantastic manager who is giving youth a chance. Why wouldn't he come?

Unless he's a United fan I don't see why he'd choose anywhere else. Celtic/Rangers are the other obvious choice I suppose, and I guess if he's good enough he'll earn a move to England before long anyway.

Still, Liverpool is the club to be at for any aspiring young players at the moment. Only Tottenham will give players the opportunities we do.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
We must be in pole position here. Huge Irish community, great transport links back to NI, fantastic manager who is giving youth a chance. Why wouldn't he come?

Unless he's a United fan I don't see why he'd choose anywhere else.
I dunno, we could be up against a tremendous Northern Irish manager who's a great mentor with fabulous character and a reputation for developing educating young players...

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin

Unless he's a United fan I don't see why he'd choose anywhere else. Celtic/Rangers are the other obvious choice I suppose, and I guess if he's good enough he'll earn a move to England before long anyway.

Still, Liverpool is the club to be at for any aspiring young players at the moment. Only Tottenham will give players the opportunities we do.
This Connor Bradley kid is a Liverpool fan but he still went to trial with Man United (it's mentioned in the article that is embedded within the one I pasted here). I guess kids and their parents want what they think is the best for them at that moment.

Charlie Allen, though, bloody great name, by the way, and some way to exorcise the demons of his name- and surname-sakes who recently played for Liverpool.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
This Connor Bradley kid is a Liverpool fan but he still went to trial with Man United (it's mentioned in the article that is embedded within the one I pasted here). I guess kids and their parents want what they think is the best for them at that moment.

Charlie Allen, though, bloody great name, by the way, and some way to exorcise the demons of his name- and surname-sakes who recently played for Liverpool.
Didn't Gerrard go and have a trial with United? He had no intention of joining them but did it for experience, iirc. May have been another Liverpool player?

Limiescouse

Didn't Gerrard go and have a trial with United? He had no intention of joining them but did it for experience, iirc. May have been another Liverpool player?
When I was that age I said yes to every opportunity to play and scope out a set up even if I didn't like or rate the people involved and no intention of accepting any offer that may have come my way.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
When I was that age I said yes to every opportunity to play and scope out a set up even if I didn't like or rate the people involved and no intention of accepting any offer that may have come my way.
I can't think of any downside to that. At worst it gives scouts from other clubs an incentive to see what their rivals are looking at.