Zeljko Buvac

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
That shithead Duncan Castles reporting in the Daily Record that Buvac and Klopp have had a major falling out and Buvac quit his post as assistant manager yesterday. Also claiming the players have already been informed of this fact.

Castles made a number of shortsighted comments in this article however, such as that Klopp and Buvac have not spoken during matches for some time.

Erm, no. They were clearly speaking during this weekends match against Stoke!

Also, this has been on t’interweb for 6 hours now. Surely other more respectable media outlets would have picked up on it were it true. But none have.

More shit stirring by Castles ahead of our biggest match for 10 years.

Pay it no mind.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
If it’s fake does it even warrant an own thread? That’s what you should ask yourself before hitting “Post reply”.

You may post about how you despise him, but to carry his story like this showed you’re actually his main contributor.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Castles is a fucking cunt. Spreads shit all the time, no surprise it's right before a big match.

How he is still allowed to pollute with his utterly hullshit is beyond me.

Dane

Willing to drive Matip to the airport
If it’s fake does it even warrant an own thread? That’s what you should ask yourself before hitting “Post reply”.

You may post about how you despise him, but to carry his story like this showed you’re actually his main contributor.
He just threw a hand grenade in the room, shut the door and left for another 6 months.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
OK. This can be reopened, but to stress, all we know right now is that Buvac is taking some time out for personal reasons.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
If it is personal, then it has to be very serious indeed for him to step away at this time. I hope, for his sake, it's not a health issue.

Time to go and check the Mirror's website to see if they've posted a retraction yet.

Incognito

The Normal One
Yeah, has to be something very serious. I hope he returns and is back stronger from whatever it is.
Hope this doesn't affect our season, Klopp has always had him on his side. Was checking the earlier articles and interviews, and they are beyond friends, a fall out seems very less likely.

If the reason is ANY other than a fall out, I hope we take that dunkan castles shit to task, because he's the one who reported a fall out to start with.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
It would be very odd to stick around for so long after if they had fallen out so badly and it was quite clear they were still talking on Saturday.

Just hope history doesn't repeat itself like it did with Pako.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
No retraction from the Mirror but they are giving out the club's official line on this. They are also adding to the gossip by running an article, which I didn't look at, claiming that Liverpool fans are expecting Gerrard to be named as Buvac's replacement.

To be honest, I doubt if it is a health matter, unless it's something that happened suddenly and has to be treated now. I'm sure if it were a health issue then Buvac would keep it quiet until after the semi final, knowing how the media would play it up just days before the match.

Noo Noo

Very strange indeed given the timing and obviously something serious.

All the best and hope to see him back in the LFC dugout as quickly as possible

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Yeah, has to be something very serious. I hope he returns and is back stronger from whatever it is.
Hope this doesn't affect our season, Klopp has always had him on his side. Was checking the earlier articles and interviews, and they are beyond friends, a fall out seems very less likely.

If the reason is ANY other than a fall out, I hope we take that dunkan castles shit to task, because he's the one who reported a fall out to start with.
Apparently they have had huge blow ups before (the flaws of having two very similar fiery personalities) but always reconciled. I hope this is all it is, because Buvac is the guy who basically invented the Dortmund style, which he tweaked here to devastating effect.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
The curse strikes again... we'll never get a break from this kind of shit it seems... As has happened in the past, the effects of this fall-out (if it is indeed one) will hit us hard in the longer term. Just as it did when Rafa fell out with Pako. Unless it's something different, but what could it be? Health issue maybe? Burn-out?

Whatever it is: in the short term, the timing couldn't be worse.

Edit: nothing on the official site yet.

Last edited:

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
To be perfectly frank, if it is a case of them falling out, then for him to walk on the eve of our biggest game for 10 years and with CL still be qualify for through the league... then I'm thinking "fuck him, then". He's obviously a valuable coach and Klopp ally, but the club has to come first, always, and there's no way this can be seen as being in the best interests of LFC.

But will wait to see if further explanation is offered in the coming days or weeks before saying more. Like I said, the above only applies if they've fallen out and he's walked as a result.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
From The Guardian ; "Recently, however, the 56-year-old has cut a distant figure at Melwood and during first team matches. It is this behaviour that led to the coach stepping aside following Saturday’s goalless draw against Stoke City, rather than any specific argument with Klopp."

Hope that's true but the terrible timing suggests to me it's more serious

RedForever2014

Hope whatever this personal issue is, it is resolvable.

Unfortunate timing, but these things happen.

Wouldn't have Gerrard as Klopp's two, he's not a brain, he's a front man Klopp style.

Maybe Wagner could be recruited if Buvac leaves, with a view to taking over from Klopp in 5 or so years.

Clive

Hope whatever this personal issue is, it is resolvable.

Unfortunate timing, but these things happen.

Wouldn't have Gerrard as Klopp's two, he's not a brain, he's a front man Klopp style.

Maybe Wagner could be recruited if Buvac leaves, with a view to taking over from Klopp in 5 or so years.
Read that as Wenger the first time.....

I don’t even want to think about a new no 2 for now, history has not been kind to our managers with departed no 2s.

Seems like the Firmino announcement was the good news to be followed by this.

[email protected]

Unlikely we will have any movement on this until the off season. He's still employed by the Club and no ways will a new face come in so late into the season. Strange timing and its just put a whole dampener on my spirit to be totally honest. I've always thought of the three as a whole with Buvac particularly prominent in the tactical direction of our play.

Oh well, we just going to have to suck it up till we hear. Speculation will be rife but that is the trade, I'm afraid

Art Morte6

The awful timing suggests to me there's been a sudden problem, like a clash, fallout of some sort. Otherwise he could have waited until the end of the season before leaving. Worrying news overall - but I don't think this will have any effect on our remaining games.

Kopstar

★★★★★
If it was Buvac's decision to take Salah off against WBA and Roma then, you know...perhaps his judgment's been questioned of late? Who knows? If it's health related then obviously hopefully he gets better soon.

Not sure who would be a natural (temporary) replacement for him alongside Klopp on the bench. Hopefully it doesn't elevate Achterberg in any way.

Dane

Willing to drive Matip to the airport
All supposition at this point.
But Duncan Castles or similar wont have much trouble writing another article, they'll just need to quote a few speculative posts from here and pass them off as gospel.

This thread is only adding fuel to the fire and playing right into the hands of lazy journalists looking for sensationalism.

Kopstar

★★★★★
I would assume Krawietz just takes up more of Buvac's role?
I would too but Krawietz has always seemed to me as preferring to operate much more out of the limelight than a prominent role alongside Klopp on the bench. Maybe I've misread that.

Cologne-Liverpool

I would too but Krawietz has always seemed to me as preferring to operate much more out of the limelight than a prominent role alongside Klopp on the bench. Maybe I've misread that.
No clue, he's still always right there with them as well though. Maybe more to do with how he got into this position/team in the first place - starting out as helping with video analysis, his role expanding more and more?
Ah well, all guess work I guess, impossible to know from the outside what the dynamics inside the coaching team were/are/will be. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing anyway.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Is that the same Krawietz who jumps up crazily everytime we score?

I would expect he would support Klopp more, hopefully Buvac will come back but if Pako had never happened we would all be a lot less stressed on this, the statement from the club seems like he needs some time away and that's mostly likely medical if he doesn't return then we'll find out one day, but I'm sure if go through on Wednesday Klopp will be the first to bring him up as an important reason why we are heading to Kiev.

Not Worthy

A sabbatical for 'personal reasons' with immediate effect and at this critical time, could mean any possible number of circumstance ; none of them 'good', unfortunately. A thread dedicated to the guy at this time seems a little prurient.

I think it best to accept the club's statement at face-value, he remains an employee with an urgent need to address personal matters. Anything else would imply a bust-up so catastophic, that following this approach of a cooling off period, would be crazy and put everyone involved in a pretty shitty & unprofessional light. I have seen nothing from Klopp, Buvac et al, to date, that would suggest that.

Best wishes to the man and his family.