Zeljko Buvac

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Yep don't see why he and Klopp couldn't keep it together until season's end. Disappointed with him.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Why would you trade being at this great place for a madhouse like Fenerbache?!

Wasn't he low key linked with Arsenal before they picked Emery tho? did he burn some bridges during the process like Pako allegedly did with Benitez "flirting" with Chelsea.

Really hope he isn't all that and it won't effect Klopp and us in any ways.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Haha. Nice one. Obviously this pertinent info alludes us (all?) here. The evidence is that he's not coming back (shame) but looking to move straight into another role elsewhere (ok) and his leaving suddenly at a crucial point of the year (we have no idea how damaging that was/wasn't and whether after 17 odd years with Klopp he has 'gone a bit stale' or is absolutely vital) was not due to a health issue (disappointing).
I have no idea what went down, and I specifically didn't want to apportion blame so chose my words carefully, but yes I think what happened with Buvac leaving at such a crunch time was disappointing.

UpTheReds

Why would you trade being at this great place for a madhouse like Fenerbache?!
Being the man in charge? Giving it a try rather than always wondering if you could?

If Buvac is as good as Klopp has implied, he's probably very lucky to have gotten as much time working with him as he has.

Red over the water

If Buvac wants to try his hand as a manager, and that what his departure is all about, good luck to him.

If the timing of his departure before the biggest game we’ve had in years was driven by something other than personal/family emergency/illness, then it is unprofessional.

Speculative I know, but if there was a falling out of some sort, I don’t care. That happens all day every day in other work places. The key is to put the requirement of the job first. That’s how it must be. So if that’s how it went down, do the final, finish the season, shake hands, and move on with everyone’s blessing. That it didn’t happen like that is unsatisfactory.

Limiescouse

I am usually hesitant to speak about situations in which we dont know the details, but this looks far more like a case of moving forward with the situation he now finds himself in rather than this being the reason he left.

StEtiennesLeftBoot

Allez les rouges - we ain't never gonna stop..
I am usually hesitant to speak about situations in which we dont know the details, but this looks far more like a case of moving forward with the situation he now finds himself in rather than this being the reason he left.
Do you think it's maybe because we have none of the pertinent information?:shocked::think::rolleyes:

jackh1092

This is quite strange, surely something formal should come out about this..

Almost as if LFC are allowing him to try and get a managerial job and if that fails he's welcome back.

Doubt it though if there's been a fall out.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Nothing formal needs to come out until there's something formal happened.

That will likely be a short statement saying he's off, and best of luck in future etc.

We can speculate till the cows come home on whether they fell out, it's an illness thing, or another job interest,, but it's unlikely we will ever know what went down for a good few years until one of them writes an autobiography.

Nothing formal needs to come out until there's something formal happened.

That will likely be a short statement saying he's off, and best of luck in future etc.

We can speculate till the cows come home on whether they fell out, it's an illness thing, or another job interest,, but it's unlikely we will ever know what went down for a good few years until one of them writes an autobiography.
Don't such people write an autobiography about every year these days?

dockers_strike

Buvac has never got to grip with English so its hardly surprising if Klopp has had to turn to his other coaches to drill the players. If Buvac cannot hack it he needs to hand in his resignation or the club terminate his employment.

Simon Jones

Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red
Bad news buvac is leave, he won't come back. His 17 years relationship with Klopp end in awful way. I have no idea why they bust up last vs Stoke when we won game.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Was just thinking on this today and up until now I’ve been fearful of what eventuates here as 17 years is a long time and they obviously achieved a lot together, and had, at least at some point, a good working relationship.

But instead of maybe being fearful, maybe we should be hopeful.

Hopeful that Klopp is forced out of a comfort zone in certain areas and challenges himself, or a new bond.

Plenty of working relationships that seemed the summit of a career, can actually turn out to be ( after a while) something that was just holding you back from taking the next step.

gr_sounder

Was just thinking on this today and up until now I’ve been fearful of what eventuates here as 17 years is a long time and they obviously achieved a lot together, and had, at least at some point, a good working relationship.

But instead of maybe being fearful, maybe we should be hopeful.

Hopeful that Klopp is forced out of a comfort zone in certain areas and challenges himself, or a new bond.

Plenty of working relationships that seemed the summit of a career, can actually turn out to be ( after a while) something that was just holding you back from taking the next step.
Gotta be honest, losing Buvac never made me fearful for Klopp or the team in the long run. All that mattered to me was whether or not his departure would upset the club at the time to the point where it affected performances. It's possible it did somewhat at least initially, but in the grand scheme it wasn't anything significant. We still finished in the Champions League places, and we didn't lose the Champions League final because he wasn't there.

I'm not worried at all about Klopp from a tactical point of view... not yet at least. Assistants/Partnerships come and go. As you say, sometimes you need change like this to push you to something new and different that might be better.

Maybe I'm the odd one on here, but I honestly don't worry much about him at all. I do hope he's well and happy, and I thank him for helping get Liverpool righted, but I'm annoyed that he left when he did from a Liverpool perspective. Other than that, I'm not really concerned about why he left. Sure it would be good to know if it comes to light, but it's not something that I ever think about.

dockers_strike

Personally, I never entertained the idea that Buvac doing one meant Jurgen would follow. Buvac apparently struggled with the English language which immediately puts him at a disadvantage. I gather he had a short fuse and was well hacked off when Achterberg took an age to get Lallana on in a game and in that time we conceeded an equaliser. Might not seem much in the scheme of things but if he'd said to Klopp we need to make a change here to stop the oppos getting at us, you could understand if he did kick off.

I suspect we'll never know the reason he left, whether the Arsenal manager job was realistic or he just could not settle in England. I just find it strange LFC keep saying he is still an employee. The club is either doing that to block him going elsewhere, in which case he'd surely resign or it is beneficial tax wise for the status quo.

I just find it strange LFC keep saying he is still an employee. The club is either doing that to block him going elsewhere, in which case he'd surely resign or it is beneficial tax wise for the status quo.
Possible that we have a manager who values the 17 year relationship with his deputy and asked the club to give the deputy some time to sort himself out. And if there is issue with an Buvac - say depression, disease, some family problem, etc which requires treatment/time off, the club should fire him and tell the whole world about the guy's problems? I am sure LFC is not that low to do keep him here for the 2 reasons you suggested.

dockers_strike

Possible that we have a manager who values the 17 year relationship with his deputy and asked the club to give the deputy some time to sort himself out. And if there is issue with an Buvac - say depression, disease, some family problem, etc which requires treatment/time off, the club should fire him and tell the whole world about the guy's problems? I am sure LFC is not that low to do keep him here for the 2 reasons you suggested.
Blimey, you dont half overreact, dont you? Where have I suggested the club 'fire him' and 'tell the whole world' about any problems? Wind you neck in, bud.

Last edited:
I don’t know why Buvac isn’t involved at Anfield right now and I don’t need to know. Klopp is doing a fine job without him and all that is left for me to say is that whatever the reason(s) for his absence, I wish Buvac all the best for the future.
Sums up by perspective with any pertinent information on Buvac.

I'll make a different point. It is darn near amazing we don't know squat. That shows an incredibly tight ship in terms of information control, no leakers, etc. If the organization does or does not want the press or fans to know things, they will execute that plan. Those journalists with scoops and relationships are not really breaking stories, they really are only going to get exactly what LFC wants them to, when they want them to. Kind of amazing in world of large organizations/bureaucracies to me.

Kopstar

★★★★★
James Pearce on Buvak recently

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...o-buvac-fekir-alternatives-christian-14987023

JP: “Buvac won’t be coming back. I’d expect his departure to be officially confirmed soon. Klopp was asked about the situation recently but insisted it was a private matter.

“Buvac was important on match days in terms of tactical input, especially at half-time. But he had become withdrawn towards the end of last season and less involved.

“I don’t see Liverpool being adversely affected by his exit. Lijnders has returned to the club and he’s a very popular figure. Klopp values his input greatly.”

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Unless I've missed anything he hasn't taken another job, which likely means the rumours being chucked about that he left to become a manager in Germany were spurious. Unfortunately I take that to mean there is something going on in his private life that requires his full attention. I hope that whatever it is reaches the best possible conclusion.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Unless I've missed anything he hasn't taken another job, which likely means the rumours being chucked about that he left to become a manager in Germany were spurious. Unfortunately I take that to mean there is something going on in his private life that requires his full attention. I hope that whatever it is reaches the best possible conclusion.
Definitely something really big happened to him off football. I hope everything turns out alright for him..... good luck to him, and hope with everything sorted he would consider coming back to help us lift our 2nd consecutive league title. :-)