Zeljko Buvac

Fullmetal

Jedi Knight
I don't know if its just me but we seem better without him. More tactically flexible. Still I would welcome him back at the club.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I don't know if its just me but we seem better without him. More tactically flexible. Still I would welcome him back at the club.

Looking at our last 2 performances I wonder how much he is missed. There is certainly something wrong with the team at the moment.Could it be over confidence? A number of things that it could be.Just have to wait and see if we can they can find their best after the International break.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Looking at our last 2 performances I wonder how much he is missed. There is certainly something wrong with the team at the moment.Could it be over confidence? A number of things that it could be.Just have to wait and see if we can they can find their best after the International break.
Yes a little bit disjointed at the top with all the flicks and tricks, and pushing too hard to get Salah back to his old form, and if the ball cross the half way line, don't see a lot of gut-busting runs from the midfield to chase it down. Not sure if it's the players' attitude and approach, or coaches instructions. But you're right there're something missing.

dockers_strike

I honestly dont think his absence is causing any issue. We've had players at the world cup and a very heavy pre season. I think that and Jurgen's practice of having training before a game maybe having a cumulative effect. With the exception of Sadio, Bobby and Mo look well off the pace. Mo clearly has distractions with the EFA. Bobby cramped up at Palace which is highly unusual for him so I suspect tiredness. It also concerns me that with the exception of yesterday, Jurgen is not using his subs effectively especially after all the activity we've had.

It's still very early season and its our best opening performance since 1990. All we are missing at the moment is some fluidity of play.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Start of last season we were tactically inept and defensively abysmal. There was some major tweaking after the Spurs defeat in October and we got a better balance and ended up having a great season. Does Buvac get the credit for the tweaks or did he get it wrong in the first place? Just a bit simplistic every time we're not absolutely on it to start identifying Buvac's absence as the issue when we have no idea what influence, if any, he had and at what stage last season.

Anyway, first 20 minutes or so of yesterday's game was just as good as anything we ever saw last season so nothing to suggest we still can't turn it on. It seems to me that so far we have been playing well within ourselves. The emphasis is on game management, not over-committing, becoming more resilient and just getting the points on the board whilst new players get integrated and the ones already there get match sharp again. The sexy stuff will come later.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Tough situation because no one knows how much input Buvac had in our play. Its all speculation, as long as Klopp is happy I am happy. I wish ZB all the best

I agree. I wasn’t trying to be dismissive of ZB’s input. But I don’t see Klopp looking too fazed by his departure nor do I see a noticeable fall off in our performance that could be directly attributed to ZB’s absence, hence the red herring. We were slow starters last season and missed oportunities early on that were bread and butter to us a couple of months in.

The problem with such a high quality squad is that they tend to contain a large number of top level international players, so World Cup years place extra, excessive demands on those players, long into the closed season period. Those of us with regular jobs know that 2 week holidays are a godsend but within a couple of weeks its almost as if we never had a break. Apart from fatigue, these players also miss a large chunk of pre-season and so are out of the loop when it comes to pre-season preparations during that absence.

Clubs like Wolves, Palace, Leicester, Brighton and Watford won’t have had the same issues to deal with and will have had a full pre-season with most of their players fit and present. This probably explains some of the results against the top teams and why clubs like Liverpool and Man City are currently struggling a bit with fluidity and form.

I’m really not that concerned. Our current early rustiness is easily explained, we’re still picking up the points and we’ve got a couple of gears at least to go up. And that’s without fully integrating the newcomers like Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri. So I don’t see it being much to do with ZB’s absence if at all.

Last edited:

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
Is it odd the club hasn't officially announced Zeljko's departure, or did I miss it? I certainly couldn't find it in a search. Odd situation, as he's apparently found no other employment. Seems if he wanted a head managerial role, he might have found one somewhere. Not strange that he and Klopp might fall out, but weird that his termination wasn't announced, especially with Lijnders in.

Lynch04

TIA New Signing
I agree. I wasn’t trying to be dismissive of ZB’s input. But I don’t see Klopp looking too fazed by his departure nor do I see a noticeable fall off in our performance that could be directly attributed to ZB’s absence, hence the red herring. We were slow starters last season and missed oportunities early on that were bread and butter to us a couple of months in.

The problem with such a high quality squad is that they tend to contain a large number of top level international players, so World Cup years place extra, excessive demands on those players, long into the closed season period. Those of us with regular jobs know that 2 week holidays are a godsend but within a couple of weeks its almost as if we never had a break. Apart from fatigue, these players also miss a large chunk of pre-season and so are out of the loop when it comes to pre-season preparations during that absence.

Clubs like Wolves, Palace, Leicester, Brighton and Watford won’t have had the same issues to deal with and will have had a full pre-season with most of their players fit and present. This probably explains some of the results against the top teams and why clubs like Liverpool and Man City are currently struggling a bit with fluidity and form.

I’m really not that concerned. Our current early rustiness is easily explained, we’re still picking up the points and we’ve got a couple of gears at least to go up. And that’s without fully integrating the newcomers like Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri. So I don’t see it being much to do with ZB’s absence if at all.
My reply wasnt meant to be dismissive of your post, so i hope it was not taken that way.
We have 12 points from 4 games and thats all that matters. I think ZBs departure did affect us but not to the same extent people make out.
I still think we are in a good position, im not expecting a title, but believe we have the credentials to acheive this.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Is that what a herring looks like :-)

I tend to agree with the general consensus on here but something is not clicking at the moment and it needs to get sorted very quickly with all the tough games coming up this month. Obviously one of the reasons for our problems is Mo´s disappointing finishing. He starts banging them in again and confidence goes sky high and we areback on track.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Is that what a herring looks like :-)

I tend to agree with the general consensus on here but something is not clicking at the moment and it needs to get sorted very quickly with all the tough games coming up this month. Obviously one of the reasons for our problems is Mo´s disappointing finishing. He starts banging them in again and confidence goes sky high and we areback on track.
its standard things arent completely clicking. Klopp's sides are always big on fitness and preparation and as others have said the world cup amongst other things have affected that. As the season progresses that will all get better. Lets not forget we've faced at least 2 very difficult opponents and have been largely comfortable against them despite being nowhere near our best, and we usually find a way to play our best against the better teams....I'm sure they are more concerned at having to play us soon than we should be of them at this point.

GaryBarlow99

Is it odd the club hasn't officially announced Zeljko's departure, or did I miss it? I certainly couldn't find it in a search. Odd situation, as he's apparently found no other employment. Seems if he wanted a head managerial role, he might have found one somewhere. Not strange that he and Klopp might fall out, but weird that his termination wasn't announced, especially with Lijnders in.
He is still on the official site as part of the first team coaching staff so it is odd.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team/staff/zeljko-buvac

Mamadou Sakho, remember him. He stepped out of line with Jurgen and shortly after he was out the door. I'm wondering if something similar has happened and that's the reason for Buvac's departure -- that's if he has departed.

GermanRed

Mamadou Sakho, remember him. He stepped out of line with Jurgen and shortly after he was out the door. I'm wondering if something similar has happened and that's the reason for Buvac's departure -- that's if he has departed.
Maybe they (Klopp and Buvac) had no Problems at all and the Club and Klopp are trying to protect him. Could be illness , a drinking or drug (or even a gambling) problem or maybe Buvac suffers from depression. Privacy should be respected here.

Maybe they (Klopp and Buvac) had no Problems at all and the Club and Klopp are trying to protect him. Could be illness , a drinking or drug (or even a gambling) problem or maybe Buvac suffers from depression. Privacy should be respected here.
I wouldn't rule out family problems. Could be anything. The club and staff have kept the info hidden from fans for more than 4-5 months in this day and age. Incredible.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
While i agree with you i just had the feeling that making those suggestions could help to stop the negativity towards Buvac in here.
I don't see how. I mean he could have joined the space programme to become an astronaut, or run away with the circus... we literally have zero information to go on so to suggest some of those unsavoury reasons could be behind his leaving leaves a bit of a bad taste imo.

I don't see how. I mean he could have joined the space programme to become an astronaut, or run away with the circus... we literally have zero information to go on so to suggest some of those unsavoury reasons could be behind his leaving leaves a bit of a bad taste imo.
Run away with the circus. Definitely run away with the circus.

There was some major tweaking after the Spurs defeat in October and we got a better balance and ended up having a great season
Sorry but that's not true. The major changes (they were not tweaks) came in for the Spurs game and were a big part responsable for that cluster fuck.
We then just got better at implementing the new system with time. Above all Matip got injured and VVD came in big personnel change rather than tactical nous from our coaching staff imo.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Sorry but that's not true. The major changes (they were not tweaks) came in for the Spurs game and were a big part responsable for that cluster fuck.
We then just got better at implementing the new system with time. Above all Matip got injured and VVD came in big personnel change rather than tactical nous from our coaching staff imo.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ws/how-jurgen-klopps-tactical-tweaks-14058251

“After the defeat at Tottenham we made some changes,” Klavan said.

“Of course in football that kind of day can happen when things don’t work out. The main thing is that you have to learn from it and keep moving forward. It doesn’t stop there.

“We looked at things in training and we knew that as a whole team it was a challenge to address. We accepted that, kept on working and moved on.

“The changes we made were not major corrections but it was clear that we needed a little bit more stability in defence so in that kind of way it changed a little.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ws/how-jurgen-klopps-tactical-tweaks-14058251

“After the defeat at Tottenham we made some changes,” Klavan said.

“Of course in football that kind of day can happen when things don’t work out. The main thing is that you have to learn from it and keep moving forward. It doesn’t stop there.

“We looked at things in training and we knew that as a whole team it was a challenge to address. We accepted that, kept on working and moved on.

“The changes we made were not major corrections but it was clear that we needed a little bit more stability in defence so in that kind of way it changed a little.
I can assure you there was a major change for that game.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
I can assure you there was a major change for that game.
We are still seeing those changes. I can only remember twice since Jan we have shipped 3 goals. Both away. R Madrid and Chelsea