Zeljko Buvac

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
If we're broken then i don't understand what broken means.doing rather well in the league,beat Napoli 1-0 and we're through,record breaking start,
The attack mate. We've tightened up on the defensive side but the attack , fuck , we are dire.

Don't see when we've offensively dominated a side this season apart from West Ham. It's not all due to the lack of form of the strikers , there's a lot which has had to do with the link up play from the midfield too.

If it's a change of personnel that can lead to some major result changes, i.e keita in and hendo out , I'm all for it.

Red Eyes

We are broken without him. Pretty sure it's a fact now.
No way are we broken, the PL table doesn't lie and CL qualification in a tough group is in our hands with one match to play.

We are missing Buvacs tactical nouse in big games though, and for Klopp a massive adaptation is needed after working with Buvac for so many years. This might be why we haven't fired properly on all cylinders yet, because the players also have to adapt to a new guy with new ideas in a key role too.

Have to admit I'm intrigued about what happened with Buvac, especially as it happened so near to the CL final. It's almost unheard of for so little information to come out of a club, there have been no leaks whatever from anyone. Very bizarre.

Hopefully it is not a health issue, though if it was it's likely a statement would have been made by the club by now.

Usually notice periods aren't enforced in football, so if Liverpool FC are holding him to contract (which would explain his name still next to the role in the official management structure) he must have really pissed the club off. Lawyers being used would also snap off information flows and drag contract termination out, but this may suggest a 'non ordinary' specific incident occurred between a Buvac and the club or Klopp if they are involved.

It will all come out in the wash one day, but I'm surprised the press aren't asking more questions. There is also an argument to suggest a press release from the club might be beneficial to let everyone move on, not least the guy doing Buvacs job now as he won't have Zelijko's shadow over him any more.

Last edited:

Claymenza

No way are we broken, the PL table doesn't lie and CL qualification in a tough group is in our hands with one match to play.

We are missing Buvacs tactical nouse in big games though, and for Klopp a massive adaptation is needed after working with Buvac for so many years. This might be why we haven't fired properly on all cylinders yet, because the players also have to adapt to a new guy with new ideas in a key role too.

Have to admit I'm intrigued about what happened with Buvac, especially as it happened so near to the CL final. It's almost unheard of for so little information to come out of a club, there have been no leaks whatever from anyone. Very bizarre.

Hopefully it is not a health issue, though if it was it's likely a statement would have been made by the club by now.

Usually notice periods aren't enforced in football, so if Liverpool FC are holding him to contract (which would explain his name still next to the role in the official management structure) he must have really pissed the club off. Lawyers being used would also snap off information flows and drag contract termination out, but this may suggest a 'non ordinary' specific incident occurred between a Buvac and the club or Klopp if they are involved.

It will all come out in the wash one day, but I'm surprised the press aren't asking more questions. There is also an argument to suggest a press release from the club might be beneficial to let everyone move on, not least the guy doing Buvacs job now as he won't have Zelijko's shadow over him any more.
It's hard to tell with buvac because he's not the type to speak to journalists either.

I remember I opened a thread once asking at what point does an assistant manager stop and think "i could be the front man". Klopp famously said he's the brains who will provide him all the necessary information and constructive feedback, while klopp will gather and sort the right ideas and communicate that back to the players.

Buvac is very introverted and not the type to speak openly to a group. I guess it's ok when it's scripted but not when it's half time and you need to think on your feet. That's necessary

Pep lydgers also has brains and I'm just wondering if FSG fancied him instead because at least he had the willingness to go out on his own because he has his own ideas to implement.

At least now, FSG has a better idea about how Klopp manages without a right hand man. In politics, they say that it's really the vice-president who's pulling strings by advising the president a certain way and it's up to the president to identify how representative this is to the constituents!

Claymenza

We are broken at the top of the PL.:celebrating:
Maybe the new approach towards a more controlled game instead of frenetic was the adjustment we needed. It can't be just down to allison and van dyjk. Also, pep will probably be Klopp's assistant once they figure out what happened with buvac.

The last calendar was quite bizarre seeing michael beale, pep, gerrard and buvac all leaving.
Beale is now an assistant to gerrard at rangers.

I would have thought it would be Krawietz who he seems to consult more often that not when they show them on the bench.

I would assume he would move up and Pep would then move up as currently his role is undefined on the website.